Heritage Owners Club

Fender Clapton sig amps

bolero

someone once said the difference between MIA & MIM fenders was

MIA are built by mexicans in the US

MIM are built by mexicans 30 miles away

......this is not meant to be derogatory towards mexicans in any way!

in fact the Jimmie Vaughn strat is probably the only that gets my vote.....killer gtr, and not overpriced like most of them are

Jimmie, KWS's, and Cray are all priced about the same. Vaughn's has a soft V profile, Shep's has a thick C profile and 12" radius, Cray's is a 60's C (rather thin I would expect). Another great one is Buddy Guy's, another MIM with a soft V neck.

The deluxe series of the MIM are as good if not better than MIA's...

DeluxeStratFullColor.jpg

Guest HRB853370

yeahman...

since these 3'll go for maybe 2/3 of MSRP, that'd put them < or = what i paid for a new handwired BF Bandmaster back in '67.

yesterday was riding my '02 Cannondale & reflecting on what's happened to "Made in the USA"...

good on Fender, and best of luck to all the small shops doing good work

j

Not to hi-jack the thread but don't get me started on what happened to the handmade Cannondales formerly made in Bedford PA. Another fine example of a global company (Dorel Industries) putting American jobs overseas so they can save a buck or two on labor.

post-2130-0-80585200-1317919311_thumb.jpg

someone once said the difference between MIA & MIM fenders was

MIA are built by mexicans in the US

MIM are built by mexicans 30 miles away

......this is not meant to be derogatory towards mexicans in any way!

in fact the Jimmie Vaughn strat is probably the only that gets my vote.....killer gtr, and not overpriced like most of them are

So the only "real" difference between a MIA and MIM is a greencard?

Not to hi-jack the thread but don't get me started on what happened to the handmade Cannondales formerly made in Bedford PA. Another fine example of a global company (Dorel Industries) putting American jobs overseas so they can save a buck or two on labor.

(yeahman. got mine in '02 (Bad Boy Ultra II), about 5 yrs before the sale. Dorel & others have bought all the major U.S. manufacturers, incl. Schwinn. :blob8:

got an F4 as a backup & it still says "Handmade in the U.S.A."...)

Premier Guitar has a vid out of the 3 EC amps. good demos, not particularly impressive sounds, imho...

To be fair, that's just business. Starbucks is selling (or trying, at least) a shirt that is made to look like a coffee stain only to have their logo. For $85! For a t-shirt!!!!!

Welikefashion_Blogbeeld_Starbucks.jpg

http://articles.nyda...chain-starbucks

So it's not just a Fender/Gibson thing, or even a guitar thing.

that's ridiculous!

So the only "real" difference between a MIA and MIM is a greencard?

pretty much, from what I understand, all fenders originate in Mexico, and to varying amounts, get assembled there, and in california, with a certain amount of inspection going on in the Calif. plant.

i bet they will sell like bottled water at an outdoor concert on a 110 F day in Alabama

LOL..I guess I better head to the plasma center..

• 2 weeks later...

Jimmie, KWS's, and Cray are all priced about the same. Vaughn's has a soft V profile, Shep's has a thick C profile and 12" radius, Cray's is a 60's C (rather thin I would expect). Another great one is Buddy Guy's, another MIM with a soft V neck.

The deluxe series of the MIM are as good if not better than MIA's...

DeluxeStratFullColor.jpg

I own a MIM Jimmie Vaughan Strat and a MIM Robert Cray Strat; I'm sorry to say, you are incorrect on the Robert Cray's neck; it's a baseball bat handful, quite thick! These two are two of the best necks I've ever had on ANY Fender, American or Mexican, yet very different from each other. Maybe I should bring them up to PSP next year for those that may be interested to see the difference.

I own a MIM Jimmie Vaughan Strat and a MIM Robert Cray Strat; I'm sorry to say, you are incorrect on the Robert Cray's neck; it's a baseball bat handful, quite thick! These two are two of the best necks I've ever had on ANY Fender, American or Mexican, yet very different from each other. Maybe I should bring them up to PSP next year for those that may be interested to see the difference.

Really? Thought the 60's profile was supposed to be a thin one. Maybe its the modern "C" profile that really thin...

Archived