Heritage Owners Club

Fender Clapton sig amps

bolero

They are on the right track, getting back to the eyelet board thang and nice parts...about f-ing time, Fender! But by now there are quite a few of the boutique boyz that build and sell these older circuits tweaked into wonderfulness for less $$ than Fender will or can...including the not for profit hobbyist/OCD culture of the ampgarage...there will be folks that are willing to spends their lotsa money for the Fender name, just like the ones that want to buy guitars with the G- logo on them. No matter what blows yer dress up...

Boutique amps for boutique guitars!

finger-joined cab for amp @ >$4000? unimpressive

interesting: Celestion 12-65 for tremolux, "custom" schumacher trannies for the lil'un...

note to self: git a Juke

$4k, sure, but Fender amps also come with a 5 year warrantee!! :icon_joker:

Seriously though, there is more and more competition in this boutique amp market. It was inevitable for Fender to jump in at some point.

Plus they have the corporate infrastructure and funding to get their products to worldwide markets. I think it is a smart move...but we'll see.

$4k, sure, but Fender amps also come with a 5 year warrantee!! :icon_joker:

Seriously though, there is more and more competition in this boutique amp market. It was inevitable for Fender to jump in at some point.

Plus they have the corporate infrastructure and funding to get their products to worldwide markets. I think it is a smart move...but we'll see.

yeahman...

since these 3'll go for maybe 2/3 of MSRP, that'd put them < or = what i paid for a new handwired BF Bandmaster back in '67.

yesterday was riding my '02 Cannondale & reflecting on what's happened to "Made in the USA"...

good on Fender, and best of luck to all the small shops doing good work

j

Save yourself some coin and buy a DetroitBlues Signature Amp by KBP810.

Oh yeah. I would never buy one. But you wait. They will sell, and then you will see them on eBay, TGP, etc 6 months later.

$2800 for a Tweed Deluxe? Even with the built in power attenuator that's kinda pricey. I'd rather have the Tungsten Cortez at a list price of $1395. But then I've already got the Tungsten Crema Wheat which is a souped up 5e3 and I'm one happy camper with it.

Its all about the name and the artist and less about the product. Gibson Signature guitars are all about that!

To be fair, that's just business. Starbucks is selling (or trying, at least) a shirt that is made to look like a coffee stain only to have their logo. For $85! For a t-shirt!!!!!

Welikefashion_Blogbeeld_Starbucks.jpg

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-09-28/entertainment/30240151_1_t-shirt-coffee-chain-starbucks

So it's not just a Fender/Gibson thing, or even a guitar thing.

The boutique builders have limited distribution but Fender have a worldwide distribution network and an undisputed world wide reputation (and the star power of Clapton). We as a groupe seek out the rare and fine things that are available in the handmade world and seek and go forth we do. But there is a huge market for the average consumer who wants available, easily purchased, boutique quality (look at the success of Mesa). These things should sell like hot cakes thru the mass marketers.

I just bought a Clapton strat, if I buy one of these amps my 5 blues licks will finally sound right. I will be able to nail EC's tones.

Except for when he uses his Marshall's like at Cross Roads guitar fest.

Hey, I just had a thought. Every Clapton, Johnson, Guy, Cray, etc. signature Strat nets a few bucks to the designated artist. (+/- $100 is what I read).

So what do you think Clapton is netting with each signature amp sold? Or maybe there is a tie in to his Antigua rehab facility? I have no inside info, but somehow he's got to be getting paid for the use of his name.

The thing I noticed was the Weber speaker ......... built by Eminence! WTH?? :dontknow:

And Fender already has all of these amps in their hand-built/hand-wired custom shop. Tweak a bit, put EC's name on it, jack the price and off you go.

Now, what's this about an HoC Forum Amp?

Hey, I just had a thought. Every Clapton, Johnson, Guy, Cray, etc. signature Strat nets a few bucks to the designated artist. (+/- $100 is what I read).

So what do you think Clapton is netting with each signature amp sold? Or maybe there is a tie in to his Antigua rehab facility? I have no inside info, but somehow he's got to be getting paid for the use of his name.

At least Cray's and KWS signature strats are well under $1k new.

To be fair, that's just business. Starbucks is selling (or trying, at least) a shirt that is made to look like a coffee stain only to have their logo. For $85! For a t-shirt!!!!!

Welikefashion_Blogbeeld_Starbucks.jpg

http://articles.nyda...chain-starbucks

So it's not just a Fender/Gibson thing, or even a guitar thing.

I love the expression on the models face... "this gig sucks..."

I believe that's because they are MiM. At least the last Cray I looked at was.

Yes they are, but unlike most other MIM, they are actually very unique guitars.

True. I played a Cray once that I really liked. Wonder if those are done in the Mexican Custom Shop?

Archived