Heritage Owners Club

Cables to Connect Effects

koula901

Now that I'm going to a bigger board, I need a 32" cable to connect the bottom row of effects, to the to row. I've got monster cables with gold tips between effects in the bottom row, or just plain connectors with no cableing, but need one long cable to connect the bottom row to the top row, one end needs to be flat.

What do you suggest? I hear mixed reviews about George L's cables.

Guest HRB853370

Now that I'm going to a bigger board, I need a 32" cable to connect the bottom row of effects, to the to row. I've got monster cables with gold tips between effects in the bottom row, or just plain connectors with no cableing, but need one long cable to connect the bottom row to the top row, one end needs to be flat.

What do you suggest? I hear mixed reviews about George L's cables.

Not badmouthing GT, they are the best guitar cables, but you wont need the silent top for connecting to your board, so I would go with a good brand such as CTI which are available online or any well stocked music store. You wont need heavy gauge either.

I'm thinking of George L's - because you don't have to solder - and I don't know how to, anyway, plus, I can cut it to the length I need. Do you have to solder CTI?

Not badmouthing GT, they are the best guitar cables, but you wont need the silent top for connecting to your board, so I would go with a good brand such as CTI which are available online or any well stocked music store. You wont need heavy gauge either.

Not all GT cables have the tip, I ordered one from Greg that is used to connect my pedals to the amp.

I have GTs in my rack, no problems.

Koula - I'd be happy to make you a GT Cable without the silent tip. It will save you some $$s from the Geo. L's.

I use Planet Waves solderless cables. That way you can cut the cable to the exact length necessary. I see you're going with Greg's cables ... good choice. But if you need something fast, it's hard to beat the PW cables. In my opinion, they're a better connector system than George Ls, which tend to come apart with weather changes.

Archived