Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Thanks guys, I knew someone would tell me about it.

Yeah, looks nice, but the wrap-around falls off while changing the whole set of strings. I guess one string at a time would be easy, that's the point, huh?

Kinda hard to keep my paws on the strings and tailpiece at the same time!

Greetings! I just joined this evening! My name is Johnny. I currently own 30 guitars. Among those I have an H-555, which has the signature of all the workers at Heritage on a label inside the guitar when the guitar was made. I was told it was personally set up and pleked by Ren Wall. I received an e-mail from Ren which seemed to confirm that. I also have a Blues Deluxe, which I bought from a gentleman in Florida, and I have a lefty H-550, which I have had swtiched to righty stringing, since I play lefty inversion style, ala Dick Dale. They are very fine instruments. I bought them all on eBay and they are in great shape!

In addition, I have Fenders, Gibsons, Guilds, Martins, Gretsches, DiPintos, ESPs, Italias, Castor Diablos, Wishnevskys, Carvins, Minariks and Reverends. I..uh..like guitars.

Greetings! I just joined this evening! My name is Johnny. I currently own 30 guitars. Among those I have an H-555, which has the signature of all the workers at Heritage on a label inside the guitar when the guitar was made. I was told it was personally set up and pleked by Ren Wall. I received an e-mail from Ren which seemed to confirm that. I also have a Blues Deluxe, which I bought from a gentleman in Florida, and I have a lefty H-550, which I have had swtiched to righty stringing, since I play lefty inversion style, ala Dick Dale. They are very fine instruments. I bought them all on eBay and they are in great shape!

In addition, I have Fenders, Gibsons, Guilds, Martins, Gretsches, DiPintos, ESPs, Italias, Castor Diablos, Wishnevskys, Carvins, Minariks and Reverends. I..uh..like guitars.

Welcome to the HOC, johnnybhall

And yes, it appears that you like guitars... that's a wide variety that you've got there. It sounds like your H-555 is a nice custom job. Tell us more and.... well, we do all like to see pics of any Heritage , whenever possible. Enjoy the site and check out the galleries if you want to see a variety of Heritage axes....

Ok, I'll give this a try.

Purchased my first Heritage today. Johnny Rose Lefty. Won't actually have the guitar until Friday-ish. The folks on this website are partly responsible for my purchase. Your stunning reviews of Jay Wolfe tipped the scales.

More to follow...............

Ok, I'll give this a try.

Purchased my first Heritage today. Johnny Rose Lefty. Won't actually have the guitar until Friday-ish. The folks on this website are partly responsible for my purchase. Your stunning reviews of Jay Wolfe tipped the scales.

More to follow...............

Hi and Welcome to the HOC, greetings from Ireland and hello from another lefty ! Good catch with the Johnny Rose, please post pics when you receive it.

Thanks for the howdy Southpawguy. I have to learn a little about posting here so patience is much appreciated (You know how us lefties can sometimes get upside down and backwards *grin*). I hope I have something of value to add to the forum. Right off the bat I'll tell you I'm 54 y/o living in Northern California (about 100 miles south of Oregon). Until just a few years ago, I played a $75 1973 right-handed Toredo classical guitar strung lefty which I toted around for almost 30 years (alot of that in an old laundry bag as I backpacked all over the western U.S.) Never was motivated by money, and as a result of that, never had the extra for a nice axe. Things changed a few years back, and now I'm realizing how much that old Toredo held me back. I own 14 various stringed instruments (counting the Johnny Smith, which I've just learned yesterday had one other owner, James "Tootie" Hogan). While I knew nothing of Mr. Hogan before, I've since found some of his recordings and I must say I'm very impressed and extremely excited to own his Johnny Smith (if indeed it WAS his). I've spotted a few promo shots of him with "the Rose" and Graham from Wolfe Guitar tells me it even has his signature somewhere on the inside. Can't wait to prove all this out. Funny what'll get an old guy excited these days.....ha ha!

Anyway, enough of me rambling. Will post pics soon and thanks again.

Hi I'm new to the club having just purchased my 1st Heritage (a gorgeous 535 model). I've played Gibsons, owned an Epiphone Wildkat and like this one better than any. I'd like to trace it's model year so I can determine the components and config. Any idea where to find that info?

Hi I'm new to the club having just purchased my 1st Heritage (a gorgeous 535 model). I've played Gibsons, owned an Epiphone Wildkat and like this one better than any. I'd like to trace it's model year so I can determine the components and config. Any idea where to find that info?

Welcome to the HOC, BlueMitch..... Here is our info section...just look up your serial number... HERITAGE Owners INFO

Oh yeah... and we love to see pics... ;)

Edited by FredZepp

Hi, everyone my name is Paul, My Heritage collection includes a 535 and a cm150 and a one twelve Patroitpost-156-1269535858_thumb.jpgpost-156-1269535858_thumb.jpg For some reason I am having trouble posting pixs

Hello Paul,

Woah, nice pics... the 535 / 150 / amp shot is superlative.!!!! nice all the way around.

Greetings from Texas....

I recently traded my way into a 96' H150. I've owned a few Gibsons' back in the Seventies but have been a Strat player for the last thirty years or so. I just had the itch for that humbucker sound and traded a Nash for this Heritage and couldn't be happier. I look forward to getting to know as many of you as I can.

Happy to be here,

Ed

Welcome to the HOC, BlueMitch..... Here is our info section...just look up your serial number... HERITAGE Owners INFO

Oh yeah... and we love to see pics... ^_^

Thanks! Now I know it was built in 3/19/97 and was the 3rd one off the production line that day.

It was kept in the case for over 10 years and, aside from a little corrosion on the tuning pegs, looks brand new...not a scratch on her!

I'll send pix when I take a few.

Edited by BlueMitch

• 2 weeks later...
Hope this pic comes through. My H-170 CM. Serial # C32802. I purchased it brand new in 1986. Lots of great guitars here.

Welcome to the HOC, 1shadowsabre... that 170 is really awesome. A great top and really nice make it quite the looker. 4497286450_15633080a0.jpg

Hope this pic comes through. My H-170 CM. Serial # C32802. I purchased it brand new in 1986. Lots of great guitars here.

WELCOME!!!

that is a georgous 170 dude!!!

Thank you guys, I look forward to seeing some pics of your heritage guitars also.

here is my current collection...

L to R

2010 H 137 DC Deluxe

2005 20th ann H 150

1998 H 150

2006 H 137

IMG_3556.jpg

AND

the newly refurbished 1987 H 120

IMG_4018.jpg

Just toured the factory today (happy 25th) with my son.....good times. We're both drummers, but happened along an H-160 about 7 years ago. Brought it along on the tour to gather some info. It was made on Oct. 5th, 1986 and was the 4th guitar of the day to be completed. I like to learn a little guitar while taking a break from the drums and really enjoy the feel of this one. When friends come over, they always want to plug it in. Just joined this site today, so I'm an official "newbie". See ya at Duda's Deli tonight? Rendal Wall is plucking Bass at 6pm (hope you don't mind the plug, Rendal).

be good,

talkingfrets