Heritage Owners Club

NGD: 1988 Heritage H 150

vbf

Thanks to Steve (thank you, sir!) I am the proud new owner of a 1988 Heritage H 150. It arrived safe and sounding good this morning. The weight, neck, and playability are all terrific. Plus the guitar is in really good shape for being 23 years old. I started a thread earlier in the week asking guys about Schaller pickups and they are as described. I especially like the bridge pickup so far as it sounds good clean and with some dirt thrown in. Thanks again, Steve! It was great doing business with you and I appreciate the smooth transaction. Here are some pics:

P1160940.jpg

P1160934.jpg

P1160931.jpg

P1160935.jpg

P1160936.jpg

P1160939.jpg

Guest HRB853370

That is stunning!! Is it OSB (Old Style Burst)? Even the back of the guitar has unbelievable grain swirls. I notice too that the cutaway horn is just like the LP before Heritage made the slight change to avoid lawsuits from big G. Enjoy it!! Your second 150 now right?

That is stunning!! Is it OSB (Old Style Burst)? Even the back of the guitar has unbelievable grain swirls. I notice too that the cutaway horn is just like the LP before Heritage made the slight change to avoid lawsuits from big G. Enjoy it!! Your second 150 now right?

Thanks, Slammer. I think it's OSB but defer to others who know Heritage's much better than I. I'm still a newb when it comes to Heritages but already a big fan. The body is one serious hunk of mahogany! And this is my second 150. :)

I've seen / played this one when Steve had it.. it's ASB.

I thought that Schallers had a nice tone in this one, none of mine have those in them. (but I have a set that came with my 140 that I may end up using somewhere)

I liked this one alot, nice top and the Gibby cut is cool. Plays and sounds like a 150 should.

That's an H150 Special, isn't it? Dots on an otherwise classic H150. Beautiful top and back. Sure didn't take you long to feed the bug. :thumbsup:

I honestly don't know if it's a special. The fretboard is not bound if that means anything. Thanks a lot...and no, it didn't take long at all. :)

I honestly don't know if it's a special. The fretboard is not bound if that means anything. Thanks a lot...and no, it didn't take long at all. :)

Pull the control cavity cover. The info should be on the back of the plate. And once again, Wow!! She's a beaut.

Pull the control cavity cover. The info should be on the back of the plate. And once again, Wow!! She's a beaut.

There is a round Heritage sticker that indicates H 150 CM

Guest HRB853370

I've seen / played this one when Steve had it.. it's ASB.

I thought that Schallers had a nice tone in this one, none of mine have those in them. (but I have a set that came with my 140 that I may end up using somewhere)

I liked this one alot, nice top and the Gibby cut is cool. Plays and sounds like a 150 should.

Only one way to tell for sure Fred!

Thanks again, guys!! I feel very blessed to have it. I've been experimenting with various amps and pedals this afternoon and it certainly stands on its own. The guitar sounds fantastic through an EL34 amp with lots of gain. The bridge pickup is much more sensitive to slight changes in amp EQ than any of my other guitars. The neck pickup sounds really good clean with some reverb, delay, and chorus. I can see where the pickups get the reputation for being muddy, although that's easily dialed out by adjusting the amps treble. mids, and bass.

Archived