Heritage Owners Club

Stat

JeffB

Ive been spending the day with a work mates Stat. Generous of him. It used to be mars_hall's.

Im absolutely loving it. What a cool guitar. I dont want to give it back.

Really like the mini toggle p/up selector arrangement.

I like the smoothness of the sounds and the growl when in the bridge position. Wish they still made these.

Anyone else here have a Stat? I only recall seeing one or two.

had one. sold it to another HOCr a while back. mine was a pawn shop rescue. a "G-strat on steroids" as it was described to me by a friend.

Wow, Tully, that thing is a real looker! I think Big Bob has a Stat. DavesNotHere has several Strat-shaped Heritages, but I don't know if any of them are Stats; so, what's the difference between a Stat and the other 160? Strat shaped Heritages? Anyone know?

That's a beauty! What year is it?

I love my '86 Stat. The pictures don't really do it justice.

I had the guys sign it at PSP IV.

Marv told me he designed it with a guy who owned a local music store (whose name now eludes me).

I asked him why they stopped making them and he said they were not really selling enough of them to keep them in the line up "and besides, we were friends with the guys at Fender".

I asked him if he meant that there were issues between Fender and Heritage at the time and he kind of smiled and said " No, we were friends with those guys so we just stopped making them".

post-4456-0-24470800-1321716753_thumb.jpg

post-4456-0-35618700-1321716779_thumb.jpg

post-4456-0-02149600-1321716790_thumb.jpg

Those all look great.

Spikey's Stat is a 1987.

When Mark had this for sale I checked the thread every 15minutes to look at it. Ive made an agreement with myself not to buy guitars I cant play 1st. Im a hoarder and never seem to move things on so its a good rule for some one like me.

In the end I showed the thread to a guy I work with and he bought it. Ive quite openly coveted it ever since.

Spikey has swapped out the pickups and has a EVH bucker in the bridge, which is a very nice p/up!!

Ive only played it through my mesa LS but its quite a nice combination. Very nice in fact.

Im almost considering removing the play before you buy rule Ive inflicted on myself and keeping an eye out for a Stat.

You probably know I have another Stat, but this one is also a deluxe. It was my first Heritage guitar and I originally came here to the HOC looking for another. One thing you'll notice if you look close, my pickups are further away from the bridge than big bob's.

20090606_0005b.jpg

Well I just put it back in its case to take it back to its owner tomorrow. Im going to try and convince him it sucks or he doesnt need it or something.

Its the Mahogany and maple cap with the shorter scale I think is what is working for me. Its a pretty fat warm kinda strat sound and the bridge hum bucker really works much better than a humbucker in the bridge of my strat.

Going to have to ponder alternatives.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I am a new member.

I do have a Stat, the serial start with an E so it should be a 1989 or a 1990, if I am not mistaken. I bought it in Rome, Italy 20+ years ago and I ended up moving so close to her home (I live in Chicago, now).

It's a little beaten up, but I truly love it. I'll post pics soon!

Hello everyone. I am a new member.

I do have a Stat, the serial start with an E so it should be a 1989 or a 1990, if I am not mistaken. I bought it in Rome, Italy 20+ years ago and I ended up moving so close to her home (I live in Chicago, now).

It's a little beaten up, but I truly love it. I'll post pics soon!

Welcome to the HOC. Look forward to the pics.

Ive been looking around for alternatives to the Stat and there really arent that many.

None seem to have the same body mass, wood combinations, set neck or scale length all together in one guitar.

Its quite a unique guitar in todays guitar world.

I have an old Hamer Phantom that is pretty much worn out but can maybe be rebuilt. It has some similar specs

Mahogany body and neck, scale length, set neck, 2 single coils and humbucker(arranged so it looks like 3 coil humbucker)

But it lacks the maple cap and thickness of the body.

Anyway Ive been at least motivated to give it a new lease on life. Refret, refinish and new p/ups and wiring.

So I guess new guitar day of sorts looming. It must have been a decent guitar in its day because I played the crap out of it. I didnt just wear out the frets, I wore grooves into the fret board.

Ive been looking around for alternatives to the Stat and there really arent that many.

None seem to have the same body mass, wood combinations, set neck or scale length all together in one guitar.

Its quite a unique guitar in todays guitar world.

I think mine's pretty close.

IMG_7859-228x540.jpgIMG_7875-360x285.jpgIMG_7867-360x435.jpg

It's not really off-the-shelf though.

I do think there is at least some market for a Mahogany-and-Maple 25.5" set-neck double-cut design.

Ive been spending the day with a work mates Stat. Generous of him. It used to be mars_hall's.

Im absolutely loving it. What a cool guitar. I dont want to give it back.

Really like the mini toggle p/up selector arrangement.

I like the smoothness of the sounds and the growl when in the bridge position. Wish they still made these.

Anyone else here have a Stat? I only recall seeing one or two.

Makes me wonder what is the rarest production model Hertage out there? (Custom orders don't count)

ok, the pics are kind of bad... but here is my baby

sorry, mistake in the previous post. here are the pics:

I honestly do not understand why they stopped producing this: it's an incredible guitar!

post-5532-0-04021100-1322608296_thumb.jpg

post-5532-0-28106300-1322608316_thumb.jpg

post-5532-0-47479500-1322608329_thumb.jpg

ok, the pics are kind of bad... but here is my baby

sorry, mistake in the previous post. here are the pics:

I honestly do not understand why they stopped producing this: it's an incredible guitar!

That is nice!.I love the top.

I see that it has the Spyder floating tremelo. I haven't seen that on a Stat before.

Does the inside of the control cavity have any special notation?

Terminator, exterminator, slaughter rock, alvin lee,

I'd add the Parsons Street to that list too.

I've only seen three, and one of those was in the Heritage prototype room.

One was posted here a while back, and my None More Black.

post-4456-0-27365200-1322627640_thumb.jpg

The Fender Showmaster can come fairly close and there are many options

http://www.ebay.com/...=item35b690c43a

https://www.google.c...sO3COWe2wXBwsVT

I had a Korean model just like this one; TWICE!

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&sa=N&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&biw=1024&bih=596&tbm=isch&tbnid=0RVFdEovVCSLaM:&imgrefurl=http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php%3F2487432-Show-us-the-best-looking-strat-you-have-a-picture-of./page15&docid=P964R2gcbV6D2M&imgurl=http://alongwell.com/music/images/ShowmasterFront.jpg&w=1296&h=972&ei=ebPVTq6tEoqw2gWS1K2UAQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=637&vpy=191&dur=300&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=139&ty=119&sig=112522107671745005042&page=8&tbnh=98&tbnw=129&start=95&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:18,s:95

Set neck, carved top, Seymour Duncan pickups, beautiful, abalone dots and "Fender" inlay at the headstock. Cool looking gunmetal knobs/whammy bar. VERY light, 24 frets. Did the American Showmaster's have the option of 22 frets? I never warmed up to the sound of the thing like I thought I would; I guess I just had a normal strat sound in my head.

Archived