Heritage Owners Club

Warehouse Guitar Speakers - anyone have any experience with?

barrymclark

The very particular Tone Quest Report gave them a terrific review a couple of years ago.

That is what I am hearing. Glowing reviews from about everywhere I went. When it is that consistently glowing... I get wary. Worry that it is either brand loyalty, paid review or just some guy who always loves his new toys but will be rid of them in a few months... yet no record of them getting tired of it.

I have two V 30's in my Peavey Classic 50 and love them. Better sounding than Celestion to me.

How do they sound not driven? That has always been the killer for me with those Celesion V30s. Just sound so.... EWWWWW at low volumes. Drive them... and they are gnarly though! haha.

I have one in my Redplate, it was ok, but I did change it for a Jensen vintage alnico P12N. I like it alright also. I'm in the process of installing new tubes and I hope that brings the whole thing together for me. Otherwise it is going on the Bay and I'm looking for a Two Rock.

I have one in my Redplate, it was ok, but I did change it for a Jensen vintage alnico P12N. I like it alright also. I'm in the process of installing new tubes and I hope that brings the whole thing together for me. Otherwise it is going on the Bay and I'm looking for a Two Rock.
given that the tried and true Jensens didn't do it for you either it sounds like you are just unhappy with the amp. So, I can't really take this as a knock against them but more in the undecided category.

Two Rocks speakers are made for them by Warehouse too.

given that the tried and true Jensens didn't do it for you either it sounds like you are just unhappy with the amp. So, I can't really take this as a knock against them but more in the undecided category.

Yes, I would agree, as I said, I thought it was ok. And you are right, i'm really complaining about the whole package. I hope to have it resoved soon, but that may not happen.

had a Veteran 30 for a while. i tend to kind of like Cele V30s, but didn't particularly like the Vet 30, so sold it. have been surprised to see Warehouse spkrs adopted by some pretty fine amp builders...is WGS using the same clips for their 15w & 50w brit alnico demos?...love the Carl V. playing for the Nolatone demo (http://wgs4.com/builders/nolatone) but wonder if that's a WGS in that particular combo. Two Rock used to use Tone Tubbies (i like them pretty much, except hated the San Rafael model i tried out). now they're mostly made under PGB ownership, so i'm wondering if using WGS is a cost-cutting measure. regardless, if WGS is truly manufactured in Paducah, my best wishes to them...

hey, Don, best of luck with the RedPlate. if it doesn't work out, try Nolatone or, my personal fave, Juke (Gary Croteau the builder has stunning deals on minty demo Codas right now)

j

hey, Don, best of luck with the RedPlate. if it doesn't work out, try Nolatone or, my personal fave, Juke (Gary Croteau the builder has stunning deals on minty demo Codas right now)

Hey Jeff, I have Juke at the top of my search list in Ebay and I'm watching them closely - all your fault you know. LOL

Hey Jeff, I have Juke at the top of my search list in Ebay and I'm watching them closely - all your fault you know. LOL

yeahman. over on the the Gear Page, Gary's offering a couple demo Codas for $1300 & $1500. (for comparison with any other deals you see out there. his demos are pretty much mint & carry the full warranty)

Isn't the V30 a Celestion???

I think the confusion is the Vintage-30 is Celestion, and the Veteran-30 is Warehouse (their "version" of the Vintage 30)

They both often get shortened to V-30 when they come up in conversation (though I often refer to the Warehouse version at the Vet-30)

Archived