Heritage Owners Club

Is this a "girly-man" guitar?

Thundersteel

I posted that exact picture several months ago and posed the same question as to whether this was intended for the female market. Eddies Guitars had it for sale on their site- and I believe that's where the picture was taken-don't know how it made it's way to the gearpage or how that connection works. John C spoke up and said he either owns one or owned a Heritage of this color in the past.

It is a nice looking and well setup guitar.  And it IS legal in California for you to actually play that very guitar in public now (of course, proper etiquette calls for you to hold your pick-hand pinky elevated ever so slightly... )  :rolleyes:

But yeh, I do like it.

I think the color contrasts with the guitar's details ( pickguard, p'up rings, even the binding) to great effect!  And what a fine piece of lumber in that top!  "Girly" (I'm not really sure what that means) is as "girly" does, I suppose.  What's the color have to do with what it sounds like into, I don't know, let's say a Dr.Z Maz 18, wound up pretty tight, jumpin' into a shuffle in "G," front of a really good rhythm section?  I wouldn't kick it out of...(whoa, wrong metaphor)...off the stage!  Great lookin' stick!!!        8)

Yes, that is STILL for sale!  And I predict it will be sitting at Eddie's for quite a while.  Not many players go out of their way to get a 'Rose' (aka PINK) colored semi-hollow.

That's too bad because it really is a great guitar, including a set of Seths and beautiful curly maple.

Maybe Eddie will drop the price WAY down in future months, and some lucky (and very manly player) scores it, puts it out in the sun to fade the fininsh to...??? ???

Oh never mind. :undecided:

Personally, I think it is extremely cool ( in an over the top "blueman" way). If Buddy Guy can play a poka-dot guitar....

I USED TO HAVE A PINK EBMM EVH...I DIDNT FEEL GIRLY WHEN I PLAYED IT ;D

I'M COMFORTABLE W/ MY MASCULINITY :P

Hey, I was just looking at one of those on fleaBay not an hour ago.  Asking price was $5,800+...hard to believe that an EVH that looks like it's made out of cotton candy could be worth so much.  I suppose someone's buying them, though.

It is a nice looking and well setup guitar.  And it IS legal in California for you to actually play that very guitar in public now (of course, proper etiquette calls for you to hold your pick-hand pinky elevated ever so slightly... )   :rolleyes:

Hmmmm..... 

Oddly enough, I kind of like the color. Or do you think they made it strictly for women only?

I'm thinking 70's era suit, with the huge collar, massivly flaired pants (trousers for some of you). Wear that, and you can play that guitar anywhere..

If you're familiar with 70's british rock.. I'm thinking Gary Glitter, or Alvin Stardust.. THEY can play this guitar..

It's just my opionion... I could be wrong!!

Archived