Heritage Owners Club

NAD Egnater Tweaker 15 combo

Kmenne

Pulled the trigger on this amp after pondering a low watt tube amp for home use.

After a few hours of "tweaking", I am very happy with my purchase.

The build quality seems robust, contols look and feel nice, and I am impressed with the sounds I have gotten so far. The 3 different tone stack options are very cool. I really like the Brit and USA, have not gotten too far with the AC. Cleans are great, and there is a ton of variation in OD type sounds, a little "tweak" with the gain and master along with the guitar (H150) volume control make for some very decent starting points. Having a Celestion G12H vintage 30 in a void free cabinet (very heavy) helps.

All the "tweaking" switches make noticable changes to the tone something I am very impressed with. Does it sound just like a BF twin?, no. Does it sound like a plexi?, no. AC30?, not really. I am sure with some time, it would get in the ballpark. I know it will give me some very useful and inspiring starting points to keep me happy and interested for a while.

Now, if you will excuse me, my Tweaker is calling me!

Peace

Pulled the trigger on this amp after pondering a low watt tube amp for home use.

After a few hours of "tweaking", I am very happy with my purchase.

The build quality seems robust, contols look and feel nice, and I am impressed with the sounds I have gotten so far. The 3 different tone stack options are very cool. I really like the Brit and USA, have not gotten too far with the AC. Cleans are great, and there is a ton of variation in OD type sounds, a little "tweak" with the gain and master along with the guitar (H150) volume control make for some very decent starting points. Having a Celestion G12H vintage 30 in a void free cabinet (very heavy) helps.

All the "tweaking" switches make noticable changes to the tone something I am very impressed with. Does it sound just like a BF twin?, no. Does it sound like a plexi?, no. AC30?, not really. I am sure with some time, it would get in the ballpark. I know it will give me some very useful and inspiring tone to keep me happy and interested for a while.

Now, if you will excuse me, my Tweaker is calling me!

Peace

Congratulations! I have been intrigued by the Rebel series Egnaters since they came out. So far I've managed to keep myself from plopping down my money for any of the Egnaters, and I honestly don't have ANY need for another amp. Not that THAT's stopped me before, haha. Enjoy your new Tweaker!

Hey congrats! I just looked at that amp for the very same purpose. I found an Ibanez TSA15 head used for $180 instead so I chose that. It should be here in a few days, so I'll be interested to hear how you like the tweaker and maybe we can compare notes on our experiences with these amps!

Peace

Seems like a fun amp. One has capabilities to change many aspects of the circuit from the controls. Congrats and enjoy!

Looks really interesting...

No reverb is a bummer but there are small reverb pedals like Boss FRV-1.

I was wondering how it would sound with a jazz box.

Are the cleans tones are really clean?

Thanks...

After playing the Rebel and tweaker I bought the Tourmaster without trying it based on those two amps. So much amp.

I really like the tweaker. I did a shoot out with it and a few other little amps like it. It does a lot of stuff well.

Archived