Heritage Owners Club

new amp advice

bolero

hey a friend of mine is asking me for amp advice

problem is, he's a tweaker & knob lover, I am oldschool minimalist :D

plus I'm out of the loop on good, new amps

he just picked up a Roland/Boss GT10 multi FX pedal

http://www.boss.info/global/gear/248/941

I told him that it doesn't matter what amp he gets, if he's using that....it has an amp modeler plus so many other options that the actual amplifier is moot!!

I'm tempted to recommend a mesa boogie with as many knobs as I can find ;)

anyway, any suggestions?

I mentioned the axe-fx to him

Egnator has more knobs than any amp I've ever used. Mesa seems like a lot because they have two or more channels with a host of tone controls for each... But with that pedal, you're right... He'll need more of a PA or solid state amp than a tube amp.... Tell him to get a Fender Frontman 212R.....

hey a friend of mine is asking me for amp advice

problem is, he's a tweaker & knob lover, I am oldschool minimalist :D

plus I'm out of the loop on good, new amps

he just picked up a Roland/Boss GT10 multi FX pedal

http://www.boss.info...al/gear/248/941

I told him that it doesn't matter what amp he gets, if he's using that....it has an amp modeler plus so many other options that the actual amplifier is moot!!

I'm tempted to recommend a mesa boogie with as many knobs as I can find ;)

anyway, any suggestions?

I mentioned the axe-fx to him

Actualy, someone on this forum said they had a Fender Blue Jr. and a Boss ME 25 (uses the same COSM as GT 10) and he got some real good sounds out of this rig.

Mesa Road King combo. Not only will he have enough knobs to use, he may not be able to move it.

I used a GT5 for years. Turned off the amp/cab sims. Was a very useable effects unit then.

If I went the multieffects route again, that's exactly what I'd do. No amp/cab simulator, all effects...

Actualy, someone on this forum said they had a Fender Blue Jr. and a Boss ME 25 (uses the same COSM as GT 10) and he got some real good sounds out of this rig.

That's why my KBP amp is going to have one channel..Start with good tone and reverb, and then use my pedals to color it..YMMV..

Archived