Heritage Owners Club

Anybody own a H 576?

brentrocks

Like an H575 with a laminate top and back and tuna-magic instead of bail, if I recall correctly.  Don't know how they compare tonewise or feel, though.  If you want a jazz box that doesn't feed back as quickly and is easier to intonate than the traditional H-575 (ES-175?), then it might just be the ticket.  The Bigsby, though, would kill it for me...but I am an anti-Bigsbyite.

defiately looking for something with a block to cut down on the feedback.  this may be more of an experimental buy just to see if i like it?  i really want a bigsby too...never had one, got to try it sooner or later.  i know they dont make the 576 anymore, but it seems like a pretty nice package. 

I have one, a '90 vintage, which I've testified to in the forum numerous times.  I play it out a lot!  I don't have feedback problems with it.  Play all kinds of stuff on it, blues, Rockabilly, rock and roll, quasi-jazz (my limitations, not the guitar's!).  Upper fret access is a little limited, but I don't play up there much anyway.  Dropped a set of Duncan Phat cats in mine.  One of the coolest and most versatile guitars I've ever owned.  It always  generates interest from other players!  I'll never get rid of it, I just use it too much!  A great box!

I have one, a '90 vintage, which I've testified to in the forum numerous times.  I play it out a lot!  I don't have feedback problems with it.  Play all kinds of stuff on it, blues, Rockabilly, rock and roll, quasi-jazz (my limitations, not the guitar's!).  Upper fret access is a little limited, but I don't play up there much anyway.  Dropped a set of Duncan Phat cats in mine.  One of the coolest and most versatile guitars I've ever owned.  It always  generates interest from other players!  I'll never get rid of it, I just use it too much!  A great box!

THANKS SLATE!  the guy wants $1500, he swears its mint...its a 2001...you think thats too much?

ALSO, THANKS DS FOR YOUR INPUT TOO.....WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ON THE PRICE?  I'LL POST PICS AS SOON AS I GET THEM.

I'M not so concerned that 1500 may be too much, because i know that same guitar new would be $2500+...well i'm gonna try to get him down to 1200?  i was thinking a thinline may suite me better?  but i'm a gambling man ;D

THANKS SLATE!  the guy wants $1500, he swears its mint...its a 2001...you think thats too much?

That's what I paid for mine about five years ago.  I'm not much of a horse trader, and the guy selling it was a good friend of mine who was in a tough spot.  I didn't negotiate with him at all.  Mine was flawless but for a bit of finish checking, which I had to look very hard to see, but I like that sort of "honest wear" anyway.  As I'd related, mine is a particularly nice specimen!  I have played others.  You've seen pics of it, blonde, block inlays, and I put a tortoise shell pickguard on it, Grover Imperials, and chicken head knobs.  It plays exceptionally well.  I use .011's on it and nobody who plays it can believe that.  It will feed back, if I ask it to, but that is eminently controllable.  I've gigged with it in larger rooms, using a 50W Marshall, and had no issues.  I love that combination...a bit over the top, but bags of fun...and huge tone!  If I had to keep only one of my guitars, I'd keep either the 576 or my G&L Legacy, for versatility, tone, playability, reliability, all those qualities one desires in a great working guitar.               ;D

my god Brent, you go through guitars, like my students go through beer.

how many do you have at any given moment..

your my hero...

IT IS A DISEASE I HAVE....ALWAYS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT....I HAVE FOUND 2 THAT ARE STAYING FOR SURE THOUGHT, THE GARY MOORE AND THE '86 H 170.....THOSE WILL ONLY GO IF I CANT AFFORD TO BUY FOOD :'(

my main guitar is a 576 - they're great! - highly recommended

THANKS SNACKER!!! ;D

That's what I paid for mine about five years ago.  I'm not much of a horse trader, and the guy selling it was a good friend of mine who was in a tough spot.  I didn't negotiate with him at all.  Mine was flawless but for a bit of finish checking, which I had to look very hard to see, but I like that sort of "honest wear" anyway.  As I'd related, mine is a particularly nice specimen!  I have played others.  You've seen pics of it, blonde, block inlays, and I put a tortoise shell pickguard on it, Grover Imperials, and chicken head knobs.  It plays exceptionally well.  I use .011's on it and nobody who plays it can believe that.  It will feed back, if I ask it to, but that is eminently controllable.  I've gigged with it in larger rooms, using a 50W Marshall, and had no issues.  I love that combination...a bit over the top, but bags of fun...and huge tone!  If I had to keep only one of my guitars, I'd keep either the 576 or my G&L Legacy, for versatility, tone, playability, reliability, all those qualities one desires in a great working guitar.              ;D

THANKS AGAIN DUDE!!  THAT MAKES ME FEEL A TON BETTER!!  VERY NICE GUITAR, BY THE WAY!!!

Brent~ Not to interfere with your quest for your personal semi-hollow Holy Grail...but have you tried an H535 or H555?

Prices on the used market are generally less than the 576's, are readily available, and are the most versatile guitars on the planet in my opinion.  8)

Brent~ Not to interfere with your quest for your personal semi-hollow Holy Grail...but have you tried an H535 or H555?

Prices on the used market are generally less than the 576's, are readily available, and are the most versatile guitars on the planet in my opinion.   8)

I appreciate the help, and you are right...the 535 is killer!  the Roy was basically a funky 535, and i loved it, but I'm always on the search for something new/different...when I'm not selling off to pay body shop bills :rolleyes:  anyway, the 576 seems like a really cool and versatile guitar..and w/ the bigsby to boot, which i have been dying to try...it seems like a good gamble right now?  maybe I'll like it, maybe i wont? ???

only one way to find out...

there is one with a repaired headstock crack listed at 1k or so  oops

sold for 1295.00

yeah and he says his is cherry....he may not budge....slate gave 1500 for his and he seems very pleased, so it must be a pretty fair price....maybe i'll get him down to 1400? :P

Archived