Heritage Owners Club

Name the "No Name"

pushover

I didn't like it at first, but the more I look at it, it's starting to grow on me.  I think the upper bout is too squared off relative to the other lines, but that could be easily remedied. 

Heck, if I were re-designing the new design (LOL), I'd slope that shoulder back toward the lower bout some more, lose the tuna-magic bridge and put one of those intonatable (is that a word?) wrap tails on it, drop the three-way switch in favor of a "blend" pot (continuously variable between bridge and neck signals) and a pair of P90s.  It would be a rock/blues/fusion ma-sheen!

Great googly mooglies, I think I just got an idea for my next business!  :afro:

Just my opinion here, I think the strangest part is the pickguard. I think a more sweeping graceful pickguard would add a lot to the body shape. I like the TOM setup, that's always been my fave. As far as a name, if you squint, there is a strong resemblance to a silhouette of Snoopy (from Peanuts) with his mouth open.

rooster.

Just my opinion here, I think the strangest part is the pickguard. I think a more sweeping graceful pickguard would add a lot to the body shape. I like the TOM setup, that's always been my fave. As far as a name, if you squint, there is a strong resemblance to a silhouette of Snoopy (from Peanuts) with his mouth open.

rooster.

Rooster. Karma up for working Snoopy into a discussion about a new guitar.

To me, it's the bottle cap opener lower bout. Having a hard time understanding the design concept there. And I agree, it needs P90s and a real pick guard.

Imho quite a few posters show quite a bit of conservatism when it comes to guitar shape.

Moreover you can't judge a guitar by looking at a rather small and dark picture on the HOC forum.

Juzz mah 2 cents...

Imho quite a few posters show quite a bit of conservatism when it comes to guitar shape.

Moreover you can't judge a guitar by looking at a rather small and dark picture on the HOC forum.

Juzz mah 2 cents...

Agreed. Admittedly, I'm one of them. And not ashamed of it. If you look at the major players in the guitar market, all of the big sellers have a certain symetry to them. A symetry that leans towards function. Then after that, add eye appeal. You may be right, tho'. In person, this one may just kick @ss. I'm wondering, as well, if this may be the boys attempt at a foray into the medium priced guitar market. ???

This is not intended to be condescending.  I didn't want to just pile on to this thread.  I've thought about that new model for a few days now.  Given everything else which comes out of Parsons Street, that little guitar...I don't get it....                    ???

i guess i have a different perspective on this model, after seeing it in person and holding it.  it is a peculiar shape, no doubt.  but its compactness, i think is a plus...i would like to plug it in and give it a run, but i think it will be a little rocker.

I am looking forword to seeing this guitar in some other colors. The finish on the old epiphone coronet that had the white soft grain coming from the mahogany as well as a T.V. color like the old jr's would be interesting.

This shape of the "no-name" reminds me very much of the Heritage h-125 and the Gibson "RD" series. This guitar,unlike the RD, is well designed, properly balanced and comfortable to play.

It took me by surprise at first to see this model but I have warmed up to it quite a bit. I am ready for something different and at the time something that is pure Kalamazoo.

I appreciate the common shapes of the L.P., strat and tele but life is short and I am old so this is nice.

Thanks Heritage,

y2kc

Archived