Heritage Owners Club

KBP810 is the MAN!

smurph1

Just wanted to give a public Thank You to Brian for the Fine Amp!! We were all set up in the living room of my little house last night, and when I hit the first chord, everybody's head turned towards the source of the sound..I was grinnin like a fox in a henhouse!!

... and when I hit the first chord, everybody's head turned towards the source of the sound..I was grinnin like a fox in a henhouse!!

See... I told you that playing loud gets peoples attention ! :headbang: .... !!

OK , ok .. it's about the tone too..

See... I told you that playing loud gets peoples attention ! :headbang: .... !!

OK , ok .. it's about the tone too..

Yep..You're Right!!

Guest HRB853370

I am curious about what the tonal differences are between Shundog's 5E3 and Scott's Cavern Club, aside from one being 30w and the other being 18w. Guess we'll have to wait until August?

I am curious about what the tonal differences are between Shundog's 5E3 and Scott's Cavern Club, aside from one being 30w and the other being 18w. Guess we'll have to wait until August?

Isn't a 5E3 a Fender type amp?. I could be wrong about that, but.The Cavern Club is a Vox clone..

I agree-he is da man. Now if I can just get one of his amps on order.....

Better hurry..He's a popular guy!!

Guest HRB853370

Lots of differences, but you have a Vox versus a Fender....

How would you verbally describe VOX tone versus Fender Tone versus Marshall Tone using adjectives.

How would you verbally describe VOX tone versus Fender Tone versus Marshall Tone using adjectives.

Vox = chimey

Fender = glassy

I've never played a Marshall clean so no adjectives for that from me! :)

Guest HRB853370

Vox = chimey

Fender = glassy

I've never played a Marshall clean so no adjectives for that from me! :)

But I heard a rumour they originated in the UK!

Clapton, SRV, Hendrix

I'm not sure those qualify as Adjectives but pretty good description, but when did Clapton use a Vox? Used Marshalls early and Fenders later. Brian May used stacks of Ac 30's, but driven. A good recent example is Brad Paisley, he uses Dr Z amps but they are basically Vox circuits I think.

When i think of Vox I usually think George Harrison and John Lennon..That tone is all over the Beatles recordings..Especially Early on..More modern users are Peter Buck of REM and sometimes Tom Petty and Mike Campbell, but they use a lot of Fenders too..

When i think of Vox I usually think George Harrison and John Lennon..That tone is all over the Beatles recordings..Especially Early on..More modern users are Peter Buck of REM and sometimes Tom Petty and Mike Campbell, but they use a lot of Fenders too..

I once heard a story that the reason the Beatles played Vox was because they were under contract to, for a period of time.

Archived