Heritage Owners Club

Marshall Class5 5W 1x10 Tube Amp

koula901

Saw somebody playing this in a band in a small club last night, with a les paul -- the thing was incredibly loud, and in the context of a full rock band. I was quite surprised. Anybody have one of these? They go for $400 new.

post-1759-0-66885600-1329604458_thumb.jpg

I have played through some. I actually prefer the sound of the head. Now... if you have a strat, I can see the dark tone they are known for getting under control. The only reason I didn't get one of these was that a friend of mine warned me some time ago about their unreliability. I am sure you can get a good one but I don't know how you can pick through them to find a good one. I just know my buddy has seen a mess of these coming through his repair shop due to PCB board failure.

Tone wise... man are they nice.

That's very interesting! I have no intentions of buying one at the moment - I was just amazed that this little 5 watt amp, 10" speaker, no less, was loud enough to play a small club! It had real good tone, too. didn't know about the pcb failure.

Guest HRB853370

Saw somebody playing this in a band in a small club last night, with a les paul -- the thing was incredibly loud, and in the context of a full rock band. I was quite surprised. Anybody have one of these? They go for $400 new.

post-1759-0-66885600-1329604458_thumb.jpg

Was it miked up Koula?

I played on of these in a local Guitar Center. While in the middle of a jam, the manager asked for me to turn it down because he was on the phone. The tone was really good, pretty clean at normal volume, and when its turned up, it sounded like a Marshall. Pretty cool.

Indeed the power rating thing has been WAY overblown. I get it though. People see their hero playing a 200w Laney Supergroup and therefore they thing they have to get the same amp to sound like him/her. So... people in hordes were buying 100+w amps for their bedrooms and small band practices. WAY overpowered. Then they didn't get why they didn't sound like their heroes. Well, outside of them just having different hands, their amps were on 10 and not 3.

For most of what people do, unless you just need the power amp headroom for clarity, you really can get VERY far with low watt amps.

Guest HRB853370

I had a Blackstar HT-5 I think its called, and ran it through a Jetstar 1x12 cabinet. Could barely hear the sucker. Even all the way up.

This one sounds great at 1/4 watt or has 33 watt on tap to drive a pair of 4X12 speakers.

It's the size of lunchbox, and has a 6 1/2" on board speaker that will cut through the mix if needed.

All tube tone. Marshallesque. Not a lot of headroom though.

Perfect for Kouala901 to carry up and down 3 flights of stairs.

3350LT1a_500.jpg

Indeed the power rating thing has been WAY overblown. I get it though. People see their hero playing a 200w Laney Supergroup and therefore they thing they have to get the same amp to sound like him/her. So... people in hordes were buying 100+w amps for their bedrooms and small band practices. WAY overpowered. Then they didn't get why they didn't sound like their heroes. Well, outside of them just having different hands, their amps were on 10 and not 3.

For most of what people do, unless you just need the power amp headroom for clarity, you really can get VERY far with low watt amps.

Bingo!! Thats what mics and monitors are for..I don't own an amp that is over 30 watts, and I almost never turn it up over 2 or 3..Especially the "Cavern Club" ..That thing has serious Cajones!! Cant wait to play out with it and run it through the full PA!! :icon_smile:

Bingo!! Thats what mics and monitors are for..I don't own an amp that is over 30 watts, and I almost never turn it up over 2 or 3..Especially the "Cavern Club" ..That thing has serious Cajones!! Cant wait to play out with it and run it through the full PA!! :icon_smile:

I've been taking my Deltablues to band practice. The amp is rated at 30 watts. Seldom does the volume level ever go above 3.5 out of 12.

how many lbs does your cavern club weigh, smurph?

P.S. It's my my post-y and I'll hijack if I want tooooo, hijack if I want toooo, hijack if I want tooooo.

how many lbs does your cavern club weigh, smurph?

P.S. It's my my post-y and I'll hijack if I want tooooo, hijack if I want toooo, hijack if I want tooooo.

LOL!! It's gotta be 50 lbs,..but the tone makes it worth the sweat!! :icon_smile:

you've got more balls than I, smurph1, but then, that wouldn't be too hard, now, would it?

I hope not!! LOL..

Archived