Heritage Owners Club

My Custom Millie arrived to Wolfe Guitars today

yavuz

Thanks everyone. SD59 sounds OK but I still would want to change it with a Seth.

It's just that I do not know if I can trust any Luthier here to change it w/o cracking something.

My Millie has an arched back hence no access plate.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Otherwise you're likely to always feel that you didn't get the custom guitar you ordered.

I already feel that. If you go to this post ( http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/topic/15383-custom-heritage-millennium-ultra-std/page__fromsearch__1 )

you will see my photoshop mock up has walnut stain pick guard.

That was written in the custom order as well. It's just that I am too far away and I just want to play my guitar.

awesome playing, yavuz!!

I think I know what you mean about the sound of the pups, it's very BB King, instead of a traditional jazz sound...even though I think it sounded GREAT

that looks very slick with the black fretboard....on a gold hollowbody with F holes, what a match

Spot on! I love that sound.

You mentioned the output being high, but I didn't really hear it overdriving the front end of the amp.

OK. You were right that the output not being so high.

I kept hearing some kind of distortion.

No matter how low I set the volume I kept hearing in in certain registers.

Then, I decided that it must be something else.

It turns out, The pup is vibrating and touching the pup ring and It sounds like distortion.

It only does it at certain registers but, it bothers me.

I though about sticking something in between the pup ring and pup.

Any recommendations?

OK. You were right that the output not being so high.

I kept hearing some kind of distortion.

No matter how low I set the volume I kept hearing in in certain registers.

Then, I decided that it must be something else.

It turns out, The pup is vibrating and touching the pup ring and It sounds like distortion.

It only does it at certain registers but, it bothers me.

I though about sticking something in between the pup ring and pup.

Any recommendations?

As for the vibration, felt or even blue painter's tape can help.

If you want a bit less output from those '59's try lowering them so that they are farther away from the strings. The magnetic pull is decreased, simulating lower output. Seth's should have been made available to you by your dealer in my opinion. That's how you retain good customers and good will...even if the profit is a little less to the seller. Just my 2 cents.

Nice playing!

As for the vibration, felt or even blue painter's tape can help.

OK, good idea. I will try it.

If you want a bit less output from those '59's try lowering them so that they are farther away from the strings. The magnetic pull is decreased, simulating lower output.

I have done that a little. I might try lowering it even more.

Seth's should have been made available to you by your dealer in my opinion. That's how you retain good customers and good will...even if the profit is a little less to the seller. Just my 2 cents.

My dealer ( Wolfe guitars ) feels that he did everything he could but Heritage factory could not follow simple written instructions.

My pick guard was also supposed to be wall nut stain but came in see-thru black. He told me to contact Heritage directly.

I on the other hand, do not know if I can find a goog luthier that I can trust here to change the pickup.

My Millie has not back plate access. Also, my Heritage id card ( inside the F-Hole ) says SD-59 and

I do not know hot to change that w/o messing up something inside.

My order had a number of things wrong.

• I ordered a reunion blues bag but I was sent an Access bag which I cannot use since it is bulky and heavy.
  • My pick guard was wrong color. I even sent them a photoshop mock-up. Everything was very specific.
  • My pickup is not what I wanted. I originally ordered an HRW and settled for Seth lover later but ended up getting an sd 59
  • I wanted top hat gold color knobs since they are easier to do volume swells and I got black knobs
  • I wanted the guitar setup with 12s but guitar came with 11s

Luckily, I changed the setup my self. But with all the other things ( case, pup, pick-guard knobs ), I would have to spend another $800 of replacements, installation and shipping charges. I am far away from US. Guitar was brought to me by a friend of mine from NY.

I am frustrated but I do not have the energy to fight this or spend a lot of time to fix it.

Nice playing!

If you remove and ship your pickguard back to the factory, they should be able to replace it with the finish you originally ordered. Make sure that you deal directly with Ren.

As for the Gibson gold tophat knobs, you might check with Sweetwater. I'm not sure they'd ship to Turkey, but it's worth a shot.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PRMK030/

I have a brand new set of 4 that I'd be happy to send to you if not too expensive to ship.

If you remove and ship your pickguard back to the factory, they should be able to replace it with the finish you originally ordered. Make sure that you deal directly with Ren.

I would not know what to do w/o a pick guard.

I will ask them if they can send me a new one before I ship them mine.

Shipping for p.guard should not be too much.

As for the Gibson gold tophat knobs, you might check with Sweetwater. I'm not sure they'd ship to Turkey, but it's worth a shot.

http://www.sweetwate...detail/PRMK030/

I have a brand new set of 4 that I'd be happy to send to you if not too expensive to ship.

Thanks, I will try and find them here first.

Archived