Heritage Owners Club

My Custom Millie arrived to Wolfe Guitars today

yavuz

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both your guitars are stunning! Now, put some dirt on it! Hey, a jazz trumpet player I know lives in Istanbul named Lloyd Chisholm. Know him?

Larry

Yeah, I do.

He plays with a guitar player one generation older than me.

We did play two tunes together when I sit in with his band once.

One of them was the jazz standard 'You don't know what love is.'

Your mockup is now alive and appears to be exactly what you wanted. Just another several thousand miles from home. Tell us how you like it.

Are they changing the shape of the cutaways on all the millies or just yours?

Your mockup is now alive and appears to be exactly what you wanted. Just another several thousand miles from home. Tell us how you like it.

Just like I said before.

I was speechless.

Nothing I say would be fair to its beauty.

I want to feel it in my hands now :)

Are they changing the shape of the cutaways on all the millies or just yours?

Hmm... After a few minutes of looking at it, I don't think its cutaway is different.

It may look different because there is only one pup and a pick guard though.

What does everyone else think?

Just like I said before.

I was speechless.

Nothing I say would be fair to its beauty.

I want to feel it in my hands now :)

Hmm... After a few minutes of looking at it, I don't think its cutaway is different.

It may look different because there is only one pup and a pick guard though.

What does everyone else think?

Ok, I pulled mine out to check. The cutaway is the same as yours but without the toggle switch, yours looks rounder. Very cool build, these are great guitars.

Very nice looking Millennium, and really unique. The Seth sounds really good in the neck position. My LE has Seth Lovers, and I like using the neck pickup the majority of the time.

The binding on the headstock really makes the neck look classy with the bare ebony board.

:thumbsup:

really nice design!

re: pickup changes- if its anything remotely like a 158 I'm here to say it can be a real pain. It's hard to do the luthier trick of using rubber tubing to pull pots thru a slender body like that,without screwing up.

There's not a lot of room in there! But since you don't have 2 pickups and a toggle it should be a lot easier

First thing I noticed was the volume knob...I thought, "Just like my Tele...." I flipped the controls on my Tele around, so that the volume knob is at the top of the "tongue depressor." The pick guard kills on that guitar! Nice instrument!

well that's kind of random...as every piece of wood is different I would guess there's no hard & fast rule

I don't have a 575 but my millie is approx the same weight as my 535

bear in mind yours has more wood than the average mille ( since there is no routing for the bridge pup )

well that's kind of random...as every piece of wood is different I would guess there's no hard & fast rule

I don't have a 575 but my millie is approx the same weight as my 535

I had played only one 535 but it is definitely heavier than my 575.

bear in mind yours has more wood than the average mille ( since there is no routing for the bridge pup )

True but it has 1 pup less and pups might be heavier than that rectangle piece of wood.

I was actually more curious how it would compare to my 575 since the weight of my 575 is perfect.

I actually love everything about my 575.

This millie project was for replicating my 575 as close as possible since my 575 is more fragile,

feedbacks at higher volumes and sometimes too big to play standing up.

I honestly think that if Heritage made a model same as the new millie ( fiorentine cutaway ),

a bit thicker body and no internal block, it would definitely be a hot seller among jazzers.

I mean think about a 575 but as small as a millie.

With the given options this millie was as close as I could get to my smaller H575 project.

Internal block might actually be a good thing for feedback but I have to hear my millie acoustically to decide.

And one more thing, I do not know how I actually will like this pup since my H575 has a HRW.

I had played only one 535 but it is definitely heavier than my 575.

True but it has 1 pup less and pups might be heavier than that rectangle piece of wood.

I was actually more curious how it would compare to my 575 since the weight of my 575 is perfect.

I actually love everything about my 575.

This millie project was for replicating my 575 as close as possible since my 575 is more fragile,

feedbacks at higher volumes and sometimes too big to play standing up.

I honestly think that if Heritage made a model same as the new millie ( fiorentine cutaway ),

a bit thicker body and no internal block, it would definitely be a hot seller among jazzers.

I mean think about a 575 but as small as a millie.

With the given options this millie was as close as I could get to my smaller H575 project.

Internal block might actually be a good thing for feedback but I have to hear my millie acoustically to decide.

And one more thing, I do not know how I actually will like this pup since my H575 has a HRW.

I agree with your conceptual design and theory. The closest I've seen to that idea are the Ibanez GB10 and Sadowsky Jimmy Bruno.

However, Heritage does make the Kenny Burrell Groove Master that also comes close...

GrooveMasterBDFrnt.jpg

GrooveMasterBDBotUp.jpg

Thanks....

So what about my weight question above?

Anyone???

Another couple of days? Ha Ha...

My millie weighs a couple of pounds less than my 150 but more than either of my 16inch archtops. My guess is 7-8 LBS. These are NOT built to be an acoustically instrument as they have a thick carved top and super thick rims. They are some kind of cross between a chambered 157 on the bridge pickup and a little L5 for the neck.

They have a great range. I don't know if they will make any more Millie Eagles with their traps tailpiece but the Eagle Mille would be more like a 575 than the Ultra or 155.

ah, I missed something...you haven't actually got the guitar yet...I understand now :D

you must be going nuts waiting!

that is a great idea, a hollow millie sized jazz box

spectrum has a good point, the millie is built with a thick top/back/sides of solid maple

apparently there are 2 top jazz guitarists in Austria, who both use a millie ( maybe you already know this? )

in any case, your guitar looks very cool & unique!!

you must be going nuts waiting!

Tell me about it :D

that is a great idea, a hollow millie sized jazz box

spectrum has a good point, the millie is built with a thick top/back/sides of solid maple

Yes, except that mine has a carved mahogany back.

But, I understand that it is thicker than 575 which might be good for feedback.

in any case, your guitar looks very cool & unique!!

Thanks, I can only confirm from pics now :D

Thanks....

So what about my weight question above?

Anyone???

Just weighed my Millie ( Std Ultra) = 7.2lbs

and also the 575 Custom = 7.2lbs

That's about 3.3kg.

Good luck with the new guitar by the way, it's a sharp looking one !

Archived