My Custom Millie arrived to Wolfe Guitars today

yavuz

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just weighed my Millie ( Std Ultra) = 7.2lbs

and also the 575 Custom = 7.2lbs

That's about 3.3kg.

Wow, exactly like how I thought they would be.

That was my plan anyways...

I thought it would have gotten to Turkey by now....

Customs taxes are quite high here.

I had it shipped to a friend in Vermont.

He will bring it here in May :(

Patience...

Which is quite hard for such a beautiful guitar.

Customs taxes are quite high here.

I had it shipped to a friend in Vermont.

Patience...

Which is quite hard for such a beautiful guitar.

Oh man! I bet you are going stir crazy waiting to lay hands on that sweet gitfiddle. Hang in there! I know you have looked at the photos at least a few times!!

Oh man! I bet you are going stir crazy waiting to lay hands on that sweet gitfiddle. Hang in there! I know you have looked at the photos at least a few times!!

Few Times?

You mean few times a day everyday until May :D ?

Y'know Yavuz, it would have been better if you had had it shipped to me. I could check it out, drive up to FredZepp's and drop if off for his inspection. He could pass it on to NoNameBand, then up to Kuz, then up to Brent (hopefully he wouldn't sell it!), then pass it on DetroitBlues, and KBP, on up to Koula, etc, until it eventually reached Vermont.

I promise it would have been well loved on the way! :laughing7:

I had played only one 535 but it is definitely heavier than my 575.

True but it has 1 pup less and pups might be heavier than that rectangle piece of wood.

I was actually more curious how it would compare to my 575 since the weight of my 575 is perfect.

I actually love everything about my 575.

This millie project was for replicating my 575 as close as possible since my 575 is more fragile,

feedbacks at higher volumes and sometimes too big to play standing up.

I honestly think that if Heritage made a model same as the new millie ( fiorentine cutaway ),

a bit thicker body and no internal block, it would definitely be a hot seller among jazzers.

I mean think about a 575 but as small as a millie.

With the given options this millie was as close as I could get to my smaller H575 project.

Internal block might actually be a good thing for feedback but I have to hear my millie acoustically to decide.

And one more thing, I do not know how I actually will like this pup since my H575 has a HRW.

You might be describing a 525! It comes with P90s but you could order it Humbuckers.

You might be describing a 525! It comes with P90s but you could order it Humbuckers.

I know the thickness and hollowness wise what I have described above is like a 525 but Heritage still does not have any model like a H575 at the size of a millie.

Almost like this but massive wood.

Just beautiful, congratulations. I can see why you are so excited. I would be too.

• 2 weeks later...

That looks good. You appear to be very comfortable with it already.

Yes I did feel comfortable.

It has a nice beefy neck.

The only thing that was not so comfortable was the 11 gauge strings.

Since the guitar came today, I did not have the time to replace the strings with 12s and tighten the truss rod.

It usually takes a couple of days to find the right spot so I left it with 11s.

I get tired faster and @ higher tempos my right hand performance gets affected in a negative way with 11s.

How do you judge the sound compared to your 575? Could you find some "acoustic" tone through the pickup?

575 sounds a lot louder acoustically.

Ready to feedback though.

My 575 has HRW so the electric sound is quite different.

I think I have SD 59 on the neck.

It's OK but I had asked for HRW originally and then settled on Seth Lover when HRW became unavailable.

Now, that the guitar seems to have SD 59, I don't know if ı will accept the sound in time.

I would rather not change the pup if I can live with its sound since the pup is very hard to change on this guitar.

" . . . I had it shipped to a friend in Vermont.

Patience...

Which is quite hard for such a beautiful guitar."

Congratulations on getting your custom Heritage! And six weeks earlier than expected? It looks like a winner. Hopefully, it will have the tones you are seeking.

You must be pretty excited to have it at last. Was it worth the wait?

Well, we are at the flirt stage yet.

Even the prettiest babe takes time getting used to :)

At this video I am not so comfortable since it was setup with 11s.

I changed the strings to 12s and it is a lean, mean jazz machine now :)

I wish the pup was different though.

It is too high output for my taste ( SD59 ).

So watch and decide if it was worth :)

I liked the sound. It seems to be full range, more like I tend to hear on my guitar. Lots of jazz players do the rolled off top end which I don't care as much for.

You mentioned the output being high, but I didn't really hear it overdriving the front end of the amp.

And as with a lot of these videos, I started out listening to the sound, and within a couple of minutes, I forget about the "sound" and start just enjoying the music. That's what its all about, isn't it? :thumbsup:

And as with a lot of these videos, I started out listening to the sound, and within a couple of minutes, I forget about the "sound" and start just enjoying the music. That's what its all about, isn't it? :thumbsup:

To tell you the truth, you are right.

I always find a way to sound like me ( more or less ) no matter what guitar I play.

But, these little very subtle differences are for us tone geeks :)

Just the spice on a good food.

Agree with Talis as to the sound. The look of your Millie is so cool. The lack of bling on the fretboard looks great next to the bass fiddle for a classy look. If I did not know what you were spanking I would think it was some little spruce archtop full hollow. The way you hold it does seams like walking in a new pair of shoes.

Yavus,

Like you, I bought a new guitar that was advertised with Seths. It delivered with 59s and that's what was written on the sticker inside. Since it came out of dealer stock, it was the dealer's responsibility to make it right.

He would up sending me a set of Seth Lovers and I sent the 59s back to him. For the week I had 59s in it I seriously questioned whether I really needed Seths. They did sound good.

In end, I'm glad it has the SLs, There's something about them...call it pixie dust, whatever. But they have a little more....something. FWIW, my advice would be to call Heritage and have them direct you to a tech that can swap the pickup out. I'd also ask them for a new controls cover with an updated sticker. Otherwise you're likely to always feel that you didn't get the custom guitar you ordered.

awesome playing, yavuz!!

I think I know what you mean about the sound of the pups, it's very BB King, instead of a traditional jazz sound...even though I think it sounded GREAT

that looks very slick with the black fretboard....on a gold hollowbody with F holes, what a match

Archived