Heritage Owners Club

Recommendations for ~15W of Tube Driven Joy for $500

Bonefish

However a 15watt tweaker combo is just 30lbs.

I wonder how clean can it be playing with a jazz band...

I had some time today to play the Tweaker and actually turn it up. It gets LOUD! A lot of fun personality comes out when you get to the mid volume levels and up. I'd say good tone at bedroom levels and great tone at mid-level volumes. The Marshall tones on the lead channel are all sorts of fun and if you add in an overdrive pedal it just get's rediculous.

So, back to the question at hand, can you get good volume on the clean side? Yes, there is plenty of head-room before the cleans get some natural break-up. Could easily work for rehearsal or a mic'd live setting (e.g. plenty of volume to carry the stage/be heard over drums). If budget wasn't an issue I would have bought the two channel option. Would be great for live use to have two basic set-ups dialed in. However, I expect that I'll most likely have one or two base set-ups that are my go to set-ups and only deviate on special occasion.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Bonefish....Was searching for observations from the brotherhood on the Tweaker 15...I'm considering a used head/cab version. now that you've got an additional 5-6 months on this, what are your thoughts? From what I've seen, it's a ridiculous bang/buck ratio! And I can't find anything about failure issues. I took a chance on a Bugera, and have literally paid the price.

would you still recommend one to somebody with similar sound/budget considerations that you began this conversation with?

I'm still very much enjoying the Tweaker 112. It's been a lot of fun and has served me well playing Sunday mornings at church. My only complaint is that switching between modes is challenging in a live settings (e.g. Balancing levels to switch between hot and clean modes and the lack of a foot pedal). That's one of the nice things you get with the tweaker 40 or 88 are two completely independent channels that can be switched with a foot pedal.

That said, for my purposes the 112 has been great. Also, it's been a while since I've really turned it up and just played through the amp. I need to do that, it's good for the soul!

That said, for my purposes the 112 has been great. Also, it's been a while since I've really turned it up and just played through the amp. I need to do that, it's good for the soul!

Right on, man! Crank it up, and indulge yourself!

When I was growing up we had a 1967 Chevy Impala as a second car. My Mom drove it 2 blocks to school to teach, and that was about all it got driven. A couple times a month, Dad would tell me to hop in, we needed to "blow the cobwebs out of her," and we'd take it out in the country (3 blocks away, haha) and give it hell. I don't think the car needed it as much as Dad did, ya know what I mean?!

Absolutely, I turned it up and plugged my H157 straight in. Lots of fun! Also, i was amazed again at how good it sounds. Love the fender on cleans and the Marshall on dirt.

Great full sound with just the guitar. And when I flipped the pickup I really got a completely different sound. Logo of stuff!

I'm still very much enjoying the Tweaker 112.

Busy weekend. Limited surfing opportunities. thanks for chiming in. Seems like a cool amp, and good to hear that there really is good distinction between the USA/AC/Brit settings.

I wish my repair guy would get back to me so I know how urgently I should be going after something. One nice amp got away this weekend.

Archived