Heritage Owners Club

5e3 in hospital again.

H

I can't wait to see what he's done with my wiring. He said it was 'very neat' and 'correct to layout'. But then he said that the 5E3 layout is prone to oscillation at several points :-/

I imagine it will look a little less 'lovely' inside the chassis when he's added shielded wire and gone a little more 'direct' on some of the circuit as he said he'd be doing.

Can't wait to hear it though :D

Tic Toc, Tic Toc... Time is not your friend when you're waiting so long for it...

Too right! Good job I have some other irons in the fire to occupy my time ;)

H, thank you for the quick reply to my volume pot post. I guess I was reading this post while you were doing that and I just wanted to say I had a similar problem when I had a go at overhauling my Pro Reverb and it was fixed by rewiring some of the grounds and adding shielded cable to grids of first two preamp tubes. Good luck your patient.

Thanks Gary :) This is a great forum for lots of things, help being right up there in the mix :)

I pick up the amp this Sunday and then I'll find out how much dust there is in the bedroom!!!

So Sunday is the day! Tic toc, tic toc... time is getting even slower!!!!

It's ok :) There's going to be a LOT of gear activity for me in the next four weeks :) Watch this space!

It's ok :) There's going to be a LOT of gear activity for me in the next four weeks :) Watch this space!

Greetings Howard, I suspect some of that activity may not be amp related? I recall a nice hunk of wood that came to the US to visit recently.

Greetings Howard, I suspect some of that activity may not be amp related? I recall a nice hunk of wood that came to the US to visit recently.

Hi Pete :) Well, that piece of swamp ash actually started its life in the US too :)

The Limey is home and probably the quietest she's ever been :) There's a low hum as she warms up but nothing more.

I only had fifteen minutes to check things out but even with P90s there's no extraneous noise, just sweet cleans and classic tweed deluxe dirt :)

Thanks Pete, thanks Don :) I've missed this amp over the last couple of months: it's like having a new amp now.

Now I just need a couple of free hours to really move some air on that speaker!

Archived