Heritage Owners Club

Byoc?

big bob

Not personally, but I've never heard anyone that owns their stuff that didn't love it. I suspect some of it is the pride of doing the work yourself. The use good components. If you decide to do it let us know how it turns out.

I've bought pedals FROM a mod at the BYOC forum (Renman has as well DB, he knows the man) I think for someone with a true understanding of the technology, it's a bonus cuz they can knock out a quality clone, OR, take that circuit and make further subtle mods to it, taking that design a notch further, which is fun and potentially tremendously rewarding. That's what this guy does, and by all accounts, with tremendous success.

Klon's are 1300. a Klon Clone? 135. There's a case to be made there.

My wah pedal is a BYOC clone and I love it. The quality of components was great and the tone is awesome (and mine as i was able to tweak it to my tastes). The build was challenging at times, but straightforward and a good experience.

If you're interested and have budget I would recommend (agree with Detroit that I could probably get something close to equivalent at same price point for most of their stuff).

Ive built a few BYOC's. Fun to build, nice way to spend an hour or so.

Not worth the dollars to me though. The byoc TS-9 does sound as good as a $29 Behringer ts clone I have, which is a pretty good ts clone.

• 2 weeks later...

on this topic, I just took delivery this past weekend of a Klone. Let me say....I'm not super experienced with OD pedals, or pedals in general. And I'm not an electrical engineer. I do know what sounds good to me, and I like to save money.

I've "known" a BYOC mod through another forum for years, have "witnessed" him sell pedals to very experienced guitarists, who gush endlessly about them. Based on this, I've considered his pedals as options when I've needed something, and twice now, have purchased from him.

so, here is a link to a BYOC thread where he talks about a pedal he built for himself, with a few tweaks. I just bought the pedal off him, very same one pictured (greenish/goldish klon clone - aka klone) pictured in the thread. It gives some insight into the geeky illness these guys are afflicted by, and how it can be a benefit. I LOVE the pedal I got, and didn't spend nearly the cost of a boutique OD.

Archived