Heritage Owners Club

Vox AC15 HW1

yavuz

Sounds bollocks to me. An amp company that makes disposable amps won\'t last long. All of my Voxes were fine.

Besides' date=' the new ones are fully handwired...not a lot can really go wrong (and if it does, you can fix it pretty easily). Don\'t be leary, get a Vox![/quote']I will likely never by a Vox again as much as I love the tone. Call it bollocks. Call it what you want but doing something repeatedly when the results have been 100% negative is just silly. That is my experience though and not everybody\'s.

...and I wouldn\'t discount what my very astute tech friends say. They have no bone to pick with Vox or Korg or China and are VERY good at what they do. None the less, I\'ve never had a fully good experience with Vox with regards to operational integrity. I am sure there are those that do work fine. I\'ve just never come into contact with one.

I would say the same thing about Vox as I would about anything: do your research. Want a Vox? Do your research. Want a Dr. Z? Do your research. Want a Heritage? Do your research....and so on.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have an AC30 CC2 and I play it hard. At least once a week for 4 to 5 hours. This thing gets hot...but it never has given me an issue. I wouldn\'t hesitate to grab one. I have read various things about them' date=' but I find them good. On a side note, I also build custom amps as a hobby and modify tube amps too. The vox is the only \"production\" amp I use. My others are built by me. The PCB on mine seems to be built very well and not really an issue to get at components.[/quote']

Really wish I had this experience. Great, great tone.

Sounds bollocks to me. An amp company that makes disposable amps won't last long. All of my Voxes were fine.

This made me laugh out loud :) You've been in the UK too long, JJ!

Kind of like a Yankee that lives in the South for a year or two, and tries to use "Y'all" too often. The natives smirk and chuckle.

Guest HRB853370

Sounds bollocks to me. An amp company that makes disposable amps won't last long. All of my Voxes were fine.

Kind of like a Yankee that lives in the South for a year or two, and tries to use "Y'all" too often. The natives smirk and chuckle.

Now how would you know about that SD?

Now how would you know about that SD?

I lived in Augusta, GA for 2 years in my early 20s. As a Yankee, this was honestly my first exposure to the fact that there are DIFFERENT Southern accents.

I lived in Augusta, GA for 2 years in my early 20s. As a Yankee, this was honestly my first exposure to the fact that there are DIFFERENT Southern accents.

Yes, yes there are. WILDLY different in many cases. It is what makes some movies with actors who try their hand at the accent so much fun. haha.

This made me laugh out loud :) You've been in the UK too long, JJ!

I really have been! The range of emotions I feel has narrowed (I'm honing in on 'just vaguely disappointed' as a centre-point), I queue happily, I complain (but don't do anything about it), and I drink more tea than is probably good for me. I'm practically there! ;)

I really have been! The range of emotions I feel has narrowed (I'm honing in on 'just vaguely disappointed' as a centre-point), I queue happily, I complain (but don't do anything about it), and I drink more tea than is probably good for me. I'm practically there! ;)

:D

We'll make an Englishman of you yet ;)

We'll make an Englishman of you yet ;)

Oh, did I mention that I genuinely looked forward to the Snooker finals?

The last frontier is cricket. I've had offers to go, but always refused.....seems like the only thing on Earth more boring than baseball!

Oh, did I mention that I genuinely looked forward to the Snooker finals?

The last frontier is cricket. I've had offers to go, but always refused.....seems like the only thing on Earth more boring than baseball!

Here... we totally agree. I just can't watch baseball. I can go to a game to hang out with friends. Ice hockey, on the other hand....

some good beer over there as well...although North America is finally catching up

what was this thread about, again?? lol

Yavuz, have you got your hands on an AC15 yet?

*edit* there was a clip of an austrian jazz gtr player using Heritage millenium thru what looked like an AC30 cc2, can't find it though. sounded great to me!

some good beer over there as well...although North America is finally catching up

what was this thread about, again?? lol

Yavuz, have you got your hands on an AC15 yet?

*edit* there was a clip of an austrian jazz gtr player using Heritage millenium thru what looked like an AC30 cc2, can't find it though. sounded great to me!

I believe I have heard that. ...or at least I have heard a jazz guitarist using an AC30. Incredible tone.

• 4 weeks later...

So, what is the verdict on this amp?

Are they reliable or not?

I saw only 1 comment about this amp being not reliable. Any other experiences? Anyone think that they are reliable now?

I am about to pull the trigger this week and buy one.

I will go to Germany and buy a Carr Rambler as my second tube amp.

I know that everyone loves them.

So' date=' what is the verdict on this amp?

Are they reliable or not?

I saw only 1 comment about this amp being not reliable. Any other experiences? Anyone think that they are reliable now?

I am about to pull the trigger this week and buy one.

I will go to Germany and buy a Carr Rambler as my second tube amp.

I know that everyone loves them.[/quote']

WOW! The Carr for a backup?

Anyways, the fact of the matter is, not many people are going to have the 100% bad experiences that I have had. There must be a number of reasonably good working Vox AC\'s out there. They are tops in tone for me. Why I am so frickin attracted to amps that have those sorts of internals.

I was not thinking Carr for backup.

Just a color or may be a stereo setup.

I really like the Vox AC15HW1 with the greenback celestion.

Alnico Blue was a bit bright for my taste..

Guest HRB853370

Is that when you had the gig with James Brown??

Archived