Heritage Owners Club

Incoming! Dr. Z content

Well, as good as my Jet City sounds, it just sits. I just don\'t play much hard rock anymore. So... that is up for sale and I have a birthday present coming.

I got a GREAT deal on a Dr. Z Z-Best and a Dr. Z Brake-Lite and it is shipping today. :)

Later this year, I hope to cap this off with a Route 66.

Guest HRB853370

Well, as good as my Jet City sounds, it just sits. I just don\'t play much hard rock anymore. So... that is up for sale and I have a birthday present coming.

I got a GREAT deal on a Dr. Z Z-Best and a Dr. Z Brake-Lite and it is shipping today. :)

Later this year, I hope to cap this off with a Route 66.

Excellent Barry!

I've got a Z-brake-Lite I use from time to time. Nice gadget for when you want to crank it but not be loud. My experience has been it's good for about 2 clicks down, then it's into OD/Dist territory. Still better than any other power soak I've used. Good choice!! And the Dr's cabs get nothing but raves! Sure you'll love 'em.

I've got a Z-brake-Lite I use from time to time. Nice gadget for when you want to crank it but not be loud. My experience has been it's good for about 2 clicks down, then it's into OD/Dist territory. Still better than any other power soak I've used. Good choice!! And the Dr's cabs get nothing but raves! Sure you'll love 'em.

Indeed! Loved the full tone of the Z-Best!

Excellent move! Occasionally Route 66's come up for sale either on the DR Z Forum buy,sell,trade section on ebay. i've seen them go for $900-1,100 or so. All Dr Z amps are extremely sensitive to speakers/cabinets, guitars, tubes etc. The biggest problem you will have is finding and keeping the highest quality tubes you can find. They are marvelous amps. You're headed in the right direction!!

Excellent move! Occasionally Route 66's come up for sale either on the DR Z Forum buy,sell,trade section or on ebay or G-base. I've seen them go for $900-1,100 or so. All Dr Z amps are extremely sensitive to speakers/cabinets, guitars, tubes etc. The biggest problem you will have is finding and keeping the highest quality tubes you can find. They are marvelous amps. You're headed in the right direction!!

Excellent move! Occasionally Route 66's come up for sale either on the DR Z Forum buy,sell,trade section on ebay. i've seen them go for $900-1,100 or so. All Dr Z amps are extremely sensitive to speakers/cabinets, guitars, tubes etc. The biggest problem you will have is finding and keeping the highest quality tubes you can find. They are marvelous amps. You're headed in the right direction!!

Yeah, when I played through one, that was IT. I just couldn't stop playing. I like that it has few knobs and no gain! Yeah, I have seen them go for about what you say in reasonable condition. That exactly what I am hoping to find later this year. A new one might be just too out of the question.

I bought a used Maz 18NR head off of G-Base. I initially had some tube issues. I posted some questions on the DR Z forum. The first person to reply was DR Z himself. That's pretty impressive in my book. He's got to be a pretty busy guy. Good Luck.

....and before it even arrives, something has come up and I need the dough. Great. Oh well. Already on the sale block and UPS hasn't even dropped it off yet.

Still got the Cube. :) Will always be my never-sell amp.

Archived