Heritage Owners Club

Custom inlay work at Heritage?

JackBaruth

I've been interested for a while in owning a Heritage with a tree-of-life style inlay on the fretboard. Anybody know if this sort of thing is ever done at the factory, or should I plan to take an existing Heritage and replace the fretboard?

This company does most of Heritage's inlay work; http://www.custominlay.com/. You might want to contact them. They are reasonable people and do good work. I would guess that one needs to replace the finger board for the inlays. There are some companies that make fretboard decals. You'll have to search the web for them to see what is available.

If your trapezoid inlays are pointed ( not rounded) on the edges, then those inlays were done in house at Parson's St. If the edges are rounded off, then they out sourced that inlay. And yes, due to the environmental concerns of working with MOP, most of the inlays are out sourced.

If your trapezoid inlays are pointed ( not rounded) on the edges, then those inlays were done in house at Parson's St. If the edges are rounded off, then they out sourced that inlay. And yes, due to the environmental concerns of working with MOP, most of the inlays are out sourced.

Never knew that. How'd you figure that out?

Archived