Heritage Owners Club

What do you think of this combination?

Dick Seacup

What do you think...H-555 with wine red finish so dark it looks almost black, nickel hardware, ebony board, cream binding all over, MOP logo inlay  

5 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes, Yes, YES. Oh, G-d, YES!!!
    • Uh, not so much.

All this talk of H-555s lately has me reconsidering my dream of owning a black-and-tan H-157.  I saw an old ES-355 somewhere with a wine finish that appeared black until the light hit it just right, the binding had aged to cream.  Unfortunately, it had gold hardware, which just doesn't do much for me (although I have at least three guitars with gold hardware...yikes!).  Whaddayathink?

My strat is wine red and so is my drum kit. My H150 is a very dark chestnut burst that looks to be a very similar hue as wine red.

I think a wine red guitar with cream p/up surrounds and scratchplate plus chrome h/ware is my sort of guitar at least.

Recently I had the opportunity to spec a Tom Anderson. I choose pretty much this combination. It looked absolutely stunning.

I like the silver hardware better in most cases.  Red wine with cream binding is a favorite as well. 

you thinking about ordering one then?

Always. :wink:  Not likely to actually place an order any time soon, though, with the Kurz expected to arrive this week.

you have an advantage...a heritage dealer in your home town!

i think it would look great!

I'm going to have to swing down there and see what they have going on.

a wine finish that appeared black until the light hit it just right, the binding had aged to cream.

I've got a 1989 LP Custom that resembles that! The color is Black Cherry--it looks black, but when the light hits it just right, there are dark red metallic flakes through it. And, being 19 years old, the binding has started turning yellow--I love the look!

Archived