Heritage Owners Club

My new girlie-man guitar :)

pushover

Yeh.. I hate to admit it, in bright light it's pink..  :love1: it can pass for red in darker light but once the light is on it, it takes on a definite pinkish hue.. The neck however. is a beautiful color. Probably the same coloring was applied, but on mahogany it takes on a nice red-wine color. On the (what I presume is) maple body it's got that pink thing happening.

Finally had a chance to look it over properly and it's fine. It's definitely a Heritage, where that is (obviously) meant as a being good thing.

I was a bit concerned when I took it out originally. Apart from the funny serial number thing I mentioned previously, there were the small wood chips/slivers inside the case near where the sound holes are but I can find no sign of any damage. The neck has a small nick in it that you can't even feel when you play it, and there is a small dent on the back of the headstock, and some slight buckle marks on the back, but other than that, it's pretty clean. It definitely needs a setup and the intonation is off, but I guess we expect these things when getting a guitar from an unknown source. I've fiddled with it some myself (though I won't touch the truss rod on an instrument like this) and it's now a little better, but still for the moment, I've had to raise the action a little higher than I like, and the D string (of all things) still buzzes, even though all the others now don't. The neck looks straight, so I'm guessing there's a high fret somewhere on the top end.

This is my first ever semi-hollow body and despite my whining in the above paragraph it's nice, has a really nice feel to it, and has a really great tone, that seems to be pretty versatile. I've only played it a little sofar, but it can do alot of different things, which is I guess what these things are all about. Even though its now got the same pickups as my 157, it's got a brighter sound to it than my 157, but I'm starting to think that EVERYthing sounds brighter than my 157  :)

Not sure if the color is ever going to grow on me, but once I start playing it, I don't mind.. Are you MAN enough to play a pink guitar?  :sign19:  :bunny:  :icon_flower:  :glasses1:

H535-front.jpg

H535-front.jpg_thumb

H535-back.jpg

H535-back.jpg_thumb

H5351.jpg

H5351.jpg_thumb

Both-Heritages.jpg

Both-Heritages.jpg_thumb

Yeh.. I hate to admit it, in bright light it's pink..  :love1: it can pass for red in darker light but once the light is on it, it takes on a definite pinkish hue.. The neck however. is a beautiful color. Probably the same coloring was applied, but on mahogany it takes on a nice red-wine color. On the (what I presume is) maple body it's got that pink thing happening.

Wow!  I gotta say I don't see the "pink" you're seeing.  In fact it looks like a twin of my 535.  Not sure what color light you had it in, but I love the transparent cherry.  No matter what the color, you'll love the sounds you can make with it.  They are beautiful axes... :P

Congratulations!!!

...and the sad thing is i paid $4000 for that guitar!!!!   :o :o :BangHead: :BangHead: :violent1: :violent1: :crybaby2:

but i was able to sell it to a collector and break even :rolleyes:

that was back in my Ernie ball days...i'm glad i saw the light...to Heritage!!!

sorry for the hijack push!!!  your 535 is awesome!!!

...and the sad thing is i paid $4000 for that guitar!!!!   :o :o :BangHead: :BangHead: :violent1: :violent1: :crybaby2:

but i was able to sell it to a collector and break even :rolleyes:

that was back in my Ernie ball days...i'm glad i saw the light...to Heritage!!!

sorry for the hijack push!!!   your 535 is awesome!!!

You paid $4000 for that guitar?!?  :confused2:  ???  :confused2:

Why I oughta smite your for that admission!!!  >:(    ;D

You paid $4000 for that guitar?!?   :confused2:  ???  :confused2:

Why I oughta smite your for that admission!!!   >:(    ;D

it was a ernie ball EVH trans pink...1 of 200 made and it was NOS....i had 5 EBMM EVHs at one time...i got all hung up on those for a while, collected them.....that trans pink was the 4th rarest color in that line.  but i had too much $$$ wraped up into show pieces, so i sold them all.  the price was due to the name, nothing else

Archived