Heritage Owners Club

Fulltone Fulldrive MOSFET?

JHS Pedals is a local company. Starting to make it pretty big in the boutique market for their pedals. I use a Morning Glory for my hair/slight OD, and a mini-boost bomb for that just a bit louder thing. :-) Extremely well built pedals. They do mods, as well. One of their biggest selling mods is to the MOSFET FD2. They claim to make the second side useable. I know one local musician (he sits in when he can) that has the JHS mod'd FD2 and he loves it! And this guy is a monster player. Worth checking out if you have an FD2 that you don't care for the boost side.

that's interesting... I can buy a pedal used and have them modify it for me... hmm... wonder what they're really doing?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also noticed they have a mod for the Bad Monkey. No one has ever produced a Mod for that one before...

They seem to have expanded their mods since closing the retail side. Used to go up there and just hang out, listen to them discuss the mods , try out stuff. Really cool people, really know their pedals. But they closed the retail side to concentrate on the pedals biz. I'm kind of interested in the CS3 mod. Thats a good basic compressor but is noisy as all get out. If they've actually tamed that noise floor it could be a good deal. Wish I still had one to have them mod.

Forgot, I have their Ernie Ball Jr volume pedal mod, too. They put their buffer unit in the pedal, and make it active (requires 9v). Don't like that it took up a power lead from the brick. But I do hear a difference. It also isolates the tuner out so that bit doesn't suck tone, too. Good stuff, Maynard.

Make it big? If you consider making $80 for driving two hours to play a three hour gig making it big... sure, I'll give you some props!

Maybe i've actually Made It Big, then.... I usually don't drive more than an hour....

Make it big? If you consider making $80 for driving two hours to play a three hour gig making it big... sure, I'll give you some props!

Well, I have driven that far for less. The usual rate I got was $100 + tips a night and I usually didn't have to leave town to make it to the gig. But that was 7-8 yrs ago and we were an acoustic duet, so the club owner was only out $200. If you are each getting $80 and there are what, 5 of you in the band, then that isn't to bad really ($400 for an owner to shell out for a blues band is pretty good money). We can debate the merits of which genre of music is worth getting paid more, but my former Jazz teacher that has played with some BIG time players told me he was only getting $100 night to play jazz. Now if you were a top 40 cover band, a contemporary country band, or an '80s cover band you could probably get a lot more. Time are hard for club owners and it is nearly impossible to get a paying gig where I live, thanks to DJs and Karaoke!!!!

Well, I have driven that far for less. The usual rate I got was $100 + tips a night and I usually didn't have to leave town to make it to the gig. But that was 7-8 yrs ago and we were an acoustic duet, so the club owner was only out $200. If you are each getting $80 and there are what, 5 of you in the band, then that isn't to bad really ($400 for an owner to shell out for a blues band is pretty good money). We can debate the merits of which genre of music is worth getting paid more, but my former Jazz teacher that has played with some BIG time players told me he was only getting $100 night to play jazz. Now if you were a top 40 cover band, a contemporary country band, or an '80s cover band you could probably get a lot more. Times are hard for club owners and it is nearly impossible to get a paying gig where I live, thanks to DJs and Karaoke!!!!

And THAT RIGHT THERE! is the absolute truth. We're competing in an extremely crowded and competitive market. One reason we take gigs wherever we can get them. As long as we don't go in the hole. Altho' I think the last trip to Cody Tracy and I came home with about $50 each. But then, we kinda tourista'd for a bit while we were there, too. :thumbsup:

That's the best thing about a 3 piece band, the money goes a lot farther! The last band I was in kind of got out of hand as far as the roster, I played a gig at mudfest where the band was paid $2000, I took home $120.

That's the best thing about a 3 piece band, the money goes a lot farther! The last band I was in kind of got out of hand as far as the roster, I played a gig at mudfest where the band was paid $2000, I took home $120.

Tried to edit, my mistake it was $1000, not $2000, there were 5 guitar players, keys,bass and drums, three of those served no purpose at all. The leftover cash went to a "band" fund that I never saw anyone use.

Mudfest now pays $600 to there bands. Still not bad specially for a 3 piece.

Well, I have driven that far for less. The usual rate I got was $100 + tips a night and I usually didn't have to leave town to make it to the gig. But that was 7-8 yrs ago and we were an acoustic duet, so the club owner was only out $200. If you are each getting $80 and there are what, 5 of you in the band, then that isn't to bad really ($400 for an owner to shell out for a blues band is pretty good money). We can debate the merits of which genre of music is worth getting paid more, but my former Jazz teacher that has played with some BIG time players told me he was only getting $100 night to play jazz. Now if you were a top 40 cover band, a contemporary country band, or an '80s cover band you could probably get a lot more. Time are hard for club owners and it is nearly impossible to get a paying gig where I live, thanks to DJs and Karaoke!!!!

And THAT RIGHT THERE! is the absolute truth. We're competing in an extremely crowded and competitive market. One reason we take gigs wherever we can get them. As long as we don't go in the hole. Altho' I think the last trip to Cody Tracy and I came home with about $50 each. But then, we kinda tourista'd for a bit while we were there, too. :thumbsup:

Yup, my bass player James went the DJ/Karaoke route after his last band split, he still does it some now but less and less, he can easily get a bar to give hime 150 I night, we don't play as a band for less than 300 unless it's some kind of benefit or once for an audition.

We had a gig lined up awhile back. A friend of mine was managing the bar we were going to play at. He told me I would love to hire you guys, call me the 1st of next month and we'll line it up, the bar closed before the 1st. I had heard they were in trouble but didn't know it was that bad, he said sorry I was hoping.

If I could sing and knew more on the fretboard, my band would have been a three piece...

Maybe i've actually Made It Big, then.... I usually don't drive more than an hour....

We are supposed to do a couple outdoor gigs this fall, it's about a 2 and a half hour drive, if they book us they agreed to pay us another $200, outdoor gig, got to pack at night outside and fight crowds and traffic to get back home, no less than $500.

We usually play close to home less than an hour drive, $300 is normal for us.

If I could sing and knew more on the fretboard, my band would have been a three piece...

It's a challenge, a lot more work for the single guitar player, a larger band that knows what they are doing is a lot of fun too though. Every band I was ever in except this one was 5 members or more.

My rythm playing and ability to sing and play more difficult parts at the same time has improved a lot since we started less than a year ago, it's been a growing experience for me.

Our rates are $100 per hour or $350 for four hours (whichever is less), another $150 if we bring a PA, and another $100 if we have to bring our lights...obviously discounts are there, but so far no one has been complaining...

That's not bad at all, we never charge for PA and lights, I actually prefer using our PA if there isn't a dedicated soundman, but a soundman is the shit.

In our experience so far the sound man is just sh#t...

When I've been fortunate enough to have a soundman, they have been top notch, there is one fellow we have worked with a few times who is ver proffesional, he has about 4 people working with him, sets up a remote, or slave system out in front and a pit beside the stage. I also got to work with a coonass from Lafeyette, who was also great.

This all happened at places like Louisiana Mudfest and Louisiana Pecan Festival, big festival type shows, the sound crew was hired by the people promoting the shows and worked with every act on the card. I'll promise you a good sound man makes your job much much easier. The sound going out to the crowd is great but what you hear on stage is perfect as well.

Our rates are $100 per hour or $350 for four hours (whichever is less), another $150 if we bring a PA, and another $100 if we have to bring our lights...obviously discounts are there, but so far no one has been complaining...

Man, Josh, this gig for you is sounding BETTER and better!

I ALWAYS brought our PA, we never had any real lights (other than the Bud Light signs), and I was our only sound man. I never got paid a penny more for hauling around the PA or doing the sound. On the RARE chance we used a house PA, I thought it was great not having to haul the PA (that was my only bonus).

Paid to bring a PA and Paid to bring lights...... Man, If that is how it is now I might have to think about gigging again!!!

The way we're looking at it, we're playing for free, but being paid to move equipment.

I used that line on a bar owner not long ago and he said oh well then just use ours!

We'd rather use a house PA, just as long as the sound guy knows what he is doing.

Back in my day (said in an old man voice) .... we didn't need no stinking sound man. We did our own sound checks and ran our own board!!! Jeez, these young kids these days, now get off my lawn!!!

Archived