Heritage Owners Club

Liberty gets out of the amp hospital this week! Woo Hoo!

Gitfiddler

My recently purchased Heritage Liberty amp came down with a bad case of scratchy pot-itis and treble channel distortitus maximus.

It sat so long in the shop (2006 - 2012) before I bought it, that dirt and dust must have accumulated in a few of the pots. I'm not really certain what was up with the treble channel though. It sounded wonderful for a few months. But recently when I turned it up to 12 o'clock, it sounded distorted in a very unpleasant, electronic way. Almost screachy. Something was wrong so I took it in to my local amp tech for a check-up.

The normal and treble channels are internally jumpered so both volumes can be run individually or together. (Great idea Paul Cochrane!) However, whatever was going on in the treble side needed attention.

Well I just got a call from amp dude, and he says it sound amazing after 1) Rebiasing all of the tubes; 2) replacing the original Taiwan pots with higher grade units; and 3) waving a voodoo doll or something over the treble channel. Seriously, I'm not sure what he did, but he says it now sounds glorious compared to the previous screachyness. Most likely something to do with the treble channel's gain stage coming on too soon or too strong. Usually it sounds amazing.

Pickup date is likely this Saturday night. Can't freakin wait to hear those twin Jensen C12N's sing!!

!Bl9QrhgBmk~$(KGrHqYOKiQEtN4Z4DP4BLdy4O5PW!~~_12.JPG

Here's a shot of the Normal Volume and Bright Volume that is internally jumpered.

!Bl9QszgCGk~$(KGrHqMOKiMEtlDM2+q5BLdy4Tocvw~~_12.JPG

Archived