Heritage Owners Club

Lollar pickups

y2kc

Have any of you tone nuts put a underwound lollar p-90 in the neck position and an overwound in the bridge? What did you think?

What do you think of the lollar p-90's in general?

I think the p-90 in my '64 sg jr screams, how does the lollar compare?

Tough questions for a Sunday morning, don't be shy,step up to the mic.

Thanks,

y2kc

I put a set of normal wound Lollar P-90s in my '80 Les Paul Deluxe, removing the mini-humbuckers, and it was like night and day. I could never get a balance with the original minis. That guitar's personality sprang forth with the Lollars like it had been waiting years for someone to unlock its door.

i have lollar p90s on 3 heritages, 137, 150, 530. H uses them as the std p90; more than good 'nuff for me.

For the OP, actually this makes a lot of sense. I have had 3 guitars with Lollar P-90s and the neck is ALWAYS hotter than the bridge. As you know there is almost no way to adjust pickup height with P90s so it is hard to tell if this would absolutely solve the issue, but I bet if you ordered them from Jason and asked if this would work he might offer an exchange to if it doesn't work out.

Well, all I can say is on my 150 P90 soapbars, the "adjustment" screws offer VERY LITTLE adjustment (maybe 1/8 of an inch) and with the neck all the way down and the bridge pup all the way up, the neck is still louder than the bridge.

I did increase the height of the pole pieces on the bridge and lowered them on the neck. This did help, but the neck is still about 10-15% louder (this ratio is the same with my 535 P90 and my old 525 P90).

Archived