Heritage Owners Club

150M Pick-up Change

totonka

Swapped the DiMarzio humbuckers for Kent Armstrong P-90s. Took off the pick-up selector switch plate, replaced the pick-up rings and polished up the body. I like the new look and am working on dialing in the tone.

DSC_9717.jpg?gl=US

DSC_9718.jpg?gl=US

The new look:

DSC_9762.jpg?gl=US

DSC_9765.jpg?gl=US

Nice! I'm getting ready to install a set of BG Pure 90s into a Ibanez semi hollow. They are Bryan Gunsher's version of HB sized P90s. I haven't decided what to do with my H140. I may put a set of Dimarzio 36th Anniversary PAFs in it. Or I might just leave the stock Schallers in it.

That's a nice look for that guitar. The PhatCats don't sound exactly like traditional P90s. But they don't sound like humbuckers, either. Very unique tone. Ballsy, yet open and airy comes to mind. Single coils on steroids, maybe.

Nice! I'm getting ready to install a set of BG Pure 90s into an Ibanez semi hollow. They are Bryan Gunsher's version of HB sized P90s. <snip>

I like Bryan's pickups. I was one of his early on customers and have several custom wound single coil pickups from him. I also have a stock Pure 90 and a custom sized Pure 90 in my Stambaugh Custom Tele. Very strong sounding pickups. :thumbsup:

Nice! I'm getting ready to install a set of BG Pure 90s into a Ibanez semi hollow. They are Bryan Gunsher's version of HB sized P90s. I haven't decided what to do with my H140. I may put a set of Dimarzio 36th Anniversary PAFs in it. Or I might just leave the stock Schallers in it.

I've got the stock Schallers in my 140 too. I'm gonna keep em for the variety.

Just put some Wilde L90's (2.8H and 6.0H) in my 150.. They are p90 ish and sound fantastic.. I think you will like a P90 sound.

FWIW, moved a set of Phat Cats into my ES137. They really sound good. What a tone in the semi hollow body.. Saved that guitar from Ebay..

Sweet, nice job.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived