Heritage Owners Club

Need some help

Trouble

Already sent Brian a message, it's the tweed head I'm having problems with, and I meant to say blowing fuses not tubes. It blows the fuse immediately on startup, I remember there were a couple threads about it but I haven't figured out how to use the search, duh.

Last night I tried posting several times and couldn't, I beleive I also have some PC problems, joy.

Tried a new fuse and starting it up with out tubes, still blows the fuse. I don't know anything else to check really. At this point I'm really bummed, I found out today that the amp guy my shop uses is in another town so it will have to be shipped off, so no quick fix. I keep trying to figure out if there was something I could have done to damage it but I'm coming up blank.

I'm thinking that once I get it fixed I may need to get Brian to build me a backup amp, may be the only upside to all this.

Just curious if your amp has a standby switch and if it's blowing fuses even on standby--or after it's switched to power up?

if it's blowing fuses with no tubes it sounds like a short/ground in the circuit somewhere?

proceed with extreme caution....ie: bring it to a tech

the fuse is there as a safety device, the chassis could even have juice flowing thru it

Having PC problems so no multi quote.

Talked to KBP, he helped me diagnose it I hope, looks like a bad PT, checked all the tubes they are fine.

Brians customer service is top notch, he even helped me find replacement parts which are on order with extra tubes and fuses just in case. It occured to me I never take spare amps, tubes or fuses so I'm going to be a little more careful.

Having PC problems so no multi quote.

Talked to KBP, he helped me diagnose it I hope, looks like a bad PT, checked all the tubes they are fine.

Brians customer service is top notch, he even helped me find replacement parts which are on order with extra tubes and fuses just in case. It occured to me I never take spare amps, tubes or fuses so I'm going to be a little more careful.

I bring my iPod and iRig Stomp for backup. Might grab a EH .22 Caliber just in case...

I bring my iPod and iRig Stomp for backup. Might grab a EH .22 Caliber just in case...

I've been thinking about that too, that's areally cool option for a backup, easy to carry could just stick it in your must have bag and leave it.

The new tranny should be here today or tomorrow, (go ahead guys have fun) hoping my soldering skills are up to task.

..... Might grab a EH .22 Caliber just in case...

Had one. Really not that good of an option. Well, maybe it's better than none at all. But it really didn't do much for me. I'd prefer the older Crate Power Block.

I'm still waiting to hear on my Super. Talked to the tech yesterday. It's still just sitting there. .. :(

Had one. Really not that good of an option. Well, maybe it's better than none at all. But it really didn't do much for me. I'd prefer the older Crate Power Block.

I'm still waiting to hear on my Super. Talked to the tech yesterday. It's still just sitting there. .. :(

I have heard of quite a few giggers who kept a Crate Power Block in the trunk as a backup. Your endorsment of them just adds to their credibility, IMHO. Too bad they are no longer made.

Got the KBP head running again! Did my first amp mod too! Of course Brian talked me through all of it, but kinda proud o myself anyway.

I actually feel like I might of de-valued it a little with my shoddy soldering, not nearly as pretty as before but works, no weird noises so guess it's good to go. I'll post some pics later just came in for a beer, got 2 more projects to work on today.

Archived