Heritage Owners Club

Can someone confirm the color of the 575 in this picture?

55tele

I just ordered a 575 that was in process and appearantly just coming out of finishing. It is said to be "Vintage Wineburst"......I'm am having Lollar Imperials added and a Gibby style trans black maple guard as options....

From this picture (taken at '12 NAMM?) is the 575 here Vintage Wineburst????

post-8360-0-41421600-1351792017_thumb.jpg

If so, this looks like what I am ordering......can't wait...will be my second 575....had one 15 years ago.....

That might be. It is hard to tell with the lighting. I have seen that finish on guitars in the factory and it is beautiful. I bet the wait is killing you, huh?

Here's a shot of a 535 in VWB, a 23rd Anniversary model, note the "23" at the 5th fret.

535-vwb.jpg

I seem to remember that model was the first time that wine burst was used.

Actually .... (don't you love that!), we saw the H150 VWB Prototype at PSPI during the tour. I even got to play it! And Jon Gundry can be heard playing it over Brent's interview on the DVD. However, thats not to say the H535 wasn't the first to use it in production. It was a custom color for a while, maybe it's first year.

Actually .... (don't you love that!), we saw the H150 VWB Prototype at PSPI during the tour. I even got to play it! And Jon Gundry can be heard playing it over Brent's interview on the DVD. However, thats not to say the H535 wasn't the first to use it in production. It was a custom color for a while, maybe it's first year.

So it was a one off finish that was then used on the 23rd 535s ? Love that colour, and I just missed a lefty one by half an hour !

Here's a shot of a 535 in VWB, a 23rd Anniversary model, note the "23" at the 5th fret.

535-vwb.jpg

I seem to remember that model was the first time that wine burst was used.

Wow, that guitar screams 60s Gibson guitar. I remember something like that from my past. I love the color.

Vintage Wine Burst on the 1st 535 P-90 EVER made..... mine.

Precious.jpg

And it is a horrible picture, argh!!! A very difficult color to photograph.

The two I saw at 225 Parsons were not in any direct light but I think the finish in your photo is right on. It is hard to tell with different lighting. If it don't look right send it to me and I will check it out for you in person. ;^)

Thanks to everyone responding.....I know I have to be patient......3 weeks since I put the order in and not really sure where in the finishing process it was other than they told me it would be the Vintage Wineburst. The pickguard change is probably the bottleneck...........Anyone on the board working in the shop that has a timing estimate?

Archived