Heritage Owners Club

NGD - VWB 535

JimWhite

Actually I guess the topic should really be FNHGD because it's also brand new and it's my first Heritage.

After tracking the UPS shipment from Wolfe Guitars for several days, the status was finally "out for delivery at 5:35 am on Friday 9/23". But I had an early morning doctor's appointment that day, so I got my wife to stay home from work for an hour because I didn't want us to miss the delivery. It didn't come while I was out, so she went to work and I waited ... and waited ... and waited. I couldn't seem to do any work, I was so anxious. I just kept watching the street.

At about 3:00 pm the phone rang. It was my wife asking if the delivery had arrived. No, no sign of the UPS truck yet.

I kept waiting.

Finally, just after 5:00 pm the truck arrived and the driver brought me the box. I quickly (but carefully) cut the box open and extracted the bubble-wrapped OHC. Inside was my absolutely gorgeous 25th anniversary vintage wine burst H-535.

I tightened the strings and tuned them while my amp warmed up and was rewarded with smooth, rich, sustained tones from the Seth Lovers. But my ecstasy was limited to just a few quick licks because now we had to leave for a social commitment that would keep us out late into the night. My FNHGD had lasted just 10 minutes!

Fortunately, the next day was Saturday and I am privileged to participate in a very friendly and enjoyable guitar jam each Saturday morning with a group extremely talented guitar players, including HOC members TonyM and fxdx99. I got to the jam a bit early so they could check out the new arrival. After the obligatory appreciation of the Ultra top and back, they quickly got me connected. Fxdx99 loaned me his guitar strap (since I had none) and plugged me into his tweed amp. Then TonyM anointed me with a new Heritage Owners Club cap.

But the true blessing was the touch and the sound of my first Heritage as its tones distinctly, but sweetly, blended into the music of the jam. I never knew a guitar could be so wonderful to play. I was in heaven! I'm sure I don't have to tell most of you that there's nothing like a great guitar and good friends to jam with.

My NGD had finally arrived.

post-5010-0-68607900-1316933859_thumb.jpg

post-5010-0-90780100-1316934250_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on your new H-535! That's a great model choice.

That is a BEAUTIFUL 535, congratulations on a great choice!

Welcome to the HOC.

I didn't attend PSP but I saw your "when in doubt, buy a guitar" shirt in the photos.

Where did you get that exceptionally cool shirt?

You are going to love your 535.

you are in fine company, people wise and guitar wise.

nice lookin 535, it will do you well.

hope to see it when i finally make the trek to the sat morning jam in the TC one of these times..

Guest HRB853370

Gotta love New Freakin Heritage Guitar Day! That photo pretty much sums it up! Three smiling Heritage owners with three great looking Heritage guitars. I love that finish Jim, I have a 150 in the same finish. It looks so very classy. Enjoy it in good health!

Jim, that's a gorgeous guitar, nice appointments! Glad you're hooking up w/other HOC'rs and jamming. Nice pic of all of you proudly holding heritages.

You will love that 535. I love mine!

Congratulations again, Jim. What a SPECIAL sounding/playing/looking 535. Worth the wait. The wood and finish are just beautiful. From the timing of this thread, your fingers must be pretty raw now (that's okay, they'll heal) :)

Traps, Dots, and Blocks... That is one good looking bunch right there. The guitars are okay, too.

Wow! Thanks for the enthusiastic response, guys!

I am indeed fortunate to have connected with fxdx99 and TonyM.

And they're not the only talented musicians that regularly attend the Saturday morning jam in Minneapolis.

Fxdx99 runs an extremely smooth and welcoming jam.

I'm sure any of you will be warmly welcomed to join in if you're ever in town.

By the way, if you're interested in how I came to select and acquire my H-535,

check out My Conversion to True Believer in the PSP IV category.

Jim

I love this picture!!!

Congrats Jim!!!!

untitled.jpg

Welcome to the cult Jim. Beauty of a 535 , glad you love it. That is one of my favorite finishes.

I had to go check my 150's case, I thought Larry stole mine. They could be twins.

congrats!!

found this via your other thread, that's a beauty!!

I really liked tony's black doublecut too, he brought it to PSP this year

actually all 3 of those gits are nice!!

..and I remember that shirt, as well....hilarious

You got a nice guitar there. And some really nice friends. Randy's a keeper, for sure. Don't know the other guy, but he's holding a Millie DC! Makes him A-Okay in my book. Congrats on the new 535 - it's a beaut. :thumbsup:

You got a nice guitar there. And some really nice friends. Randy's a keeper, for sure. Don't know the other guy, but he's holding a Millie DC! Makes him A-Okay in my book. Congrats on the new 535 - it's a beaut. :thumbsup:

Oops, was it Randy? Sorry, could have sworn it was Larry, probably introduced at high PSP barn volume.

Guest HRB853370

congrats!!

found this via your other thread, that's a beauty!!

I really liked tony's black doublecut too, he brought it to PSP this year

actually all 3 of those gits are nice!!

..and I remember that shirt, as well....hilarious

What am I missing here about the "shirt" being funny? One guy in plaid,one guy in stripes, and one guy in a HOC T shirt. What gives?

What am I missing here about the "shirt" being funny? One guy in plaid,one guy in stripes, and one guy in a HOC T shirt. What gives?

Reference to the tshirt Jim wore to PSP this year (there's a better pic than the one below, but all I could find), the back of which reads 'When in doubt... buy a guitar'.

Seems Jim took his own advice.

gallery_762_124_153482.jpg

Archived