Heritage Owners Club

Ren Wall NAMM Interview

totonka

There is never enough, but it's good to see the rare video that someone thought to record. Ren certainly has been involved with Gibson and Heritage for so many years that he is merely scratching the surface here with his anecdotes. Hubie, next to Ren in the video, also put in many years at Gibson and stayed in Kalamazoo when Gibson headed to Nashville, but he did not transition to Heritage, going into realty instead. Hubie played bass and banjo with the group on the long-running Green Valley Jamboree TV show starring Rem Wall.

He, as the other old timers remind me of WWII vets, you know there are many fantastic stories there.

I've never bought a new guitar from them which doesn't help their bottom line.

IMO buying used does help their bottom line in a round about way. How many times have you heard someone talk about Gibby's higher resale value? As we improve the secondary market for heritage gear, we shore up the retail market. So go get a used one already! :icon_santa:

One of these days when I can finally custom order a guitar for the factory, hope that I can hear some of those stories. I feel like a poser when I see those guys because I've never bought a new guitar from them which doesn't help their bottom line.

At least you are a past owner of a pre-owned Heritage and a ready booster on this forum. As far as a new custom order, your day will come.

Archived