Heritage Owners Club

Super and a '57 Vibrolux

yoslate

When I ordered the Super, I thought of it as a full-on jazz guitar. You know...coat and tie, full hollow, spruce, Tal Farlow tone.... But I wanted P-90's because they have wonderful character. I'm just now beginning to explore this guitar. This is the Super (Lollars, bridge pickup for the solo) through my friend Brian Smith's killer 1957 Fender Vibrolux (@ 2:14, if you want to cut to the chase). I also dig the chick who solos @ 3:33 "I'munna goat the bathroom; I'll be back...." I love live...!

Ruth!

That's a wonderful growl on that bridge, Rob. Really nice. Fancy fingers flyin' (huh, isn't that a 12 days of Xmas lyric?). Like this band. Nice song selection, nice balance.

Heh, did I ever tell you about... oh wait. I'ma gointo the batroom, I'll be right back.

Rob,

Two observations and a question...

Observations:

1) The SUPER Super sounded fantastic with a little growl. It really has the warm, fat, yet cutting growl that can only be had with P-90s. LOVE, L O V I N G it my brother!!!

2) You have never been more photogenic on video!!!! (What the hell kind of video guy you got that doesn't know where to follow the talent??!!! Ha, ha.)

Question:

-Did you use an overdrive pedal for that solo for the growl, and if so was it the modified Tube Screamer? Again, it sounded KILLER!!

Well done my friend, you guys are on your way. What was that other band called "Terry minus the Everyone Else"??!!! just kidding

Oh, and another thing..... Keep that '57 Vibrolux. Send it to me and I will give it back at PSP.

MAN, what a great sounding old tweed!!!

Agreeing with JohnBoy on this, you LOOKED great! Sounded pretty danged nice, too. Loved the growl. Would never have imagined that was the Super Super without you saying so. Especially since we can't SEE you playing it. And the Vibrolux ... yeah, baby!! :thumbsup:

My guess is the OD pedal, if any, is ... the ... FDII. :)

2) You have never been more photogenic on video!!!! (What the hell kind of video guy you got that doesn't know where to follow the talent??!!! Ha, ha.)

Question:

-Did you use an overdrive pedal for that solo for the growl, and if so was it the modified Tube Screamer? Again, it sounded KILLER!!

Well, you know what they say. If you want a big sound, you need a big guitar (or maybe an amp).

Strings and pedals info, please.

Great, great sound.

Thanks, all! As I've said, very much a work in progress.

John, having spent three-and-a-half years in my position in the previous act, I have, obviously, perfected the art of stage invisibility! I have no idea who did the video. Overdrive pedal!? Now hear this: That, my friends, is pure unadulterated Big Box + Jason's P-90's + One of Leo's tweed best = single malt tone, straight, no chaser!

Mark, See above. That and thanks to John for bestowing a set of .012 Thomastik-Infields on me. Never a fan of flat wounds, there really isn't anything else for this guitar. I'm a convert. I have to work to play it, but what's wrong with that?

Rob, do you have the volume WAY back on the neck when you play rhythm and then the bridge pup dime'd for the solos?

Man, I am even more impressed. But if you are doing the above, how does the comp'ing sound so clear and present?

You do have mad skills, now go out and don't back down.

P.S. Yes you must have perfected the invisibility in LG&M!!!

Archived