Heritage Owners Club

NAD

DetroitBlues

Met up with Grubber bright and early this morning. Chatted with him for awhile about the GT 140 he bought last year and how it's quickly become his favorite Heritage. Long story short, I made a deal with him for his Fender Supersonic 60 in a classic Blonde Tolex with Oxblood grill cloth.

Spent a few hours this evening with it using my Epi Dot, on the clean channel I loved the Bassman setting. Just sounded perfect to me for clean blues. The longer reverb tank makes a huge difference. Switched over to the Burn channel, turned each gain up to about 9 o'clock. Wow, I'm in love! It's the best sounding overdriven tube amp I've ever owned.

On caveat though, I kept the master volumes low in both channels, I don't know how it sounds cranked, but so far I'm very pleased...

3666b1ccfd7773293e3ecad705829522_zps4bfc

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was certainly a great amp to grab, there are a lot of warm tube tones in there.

He had a great price on it and seems to really take care of his equipment too. I'd have grabbed it if it were available for long..... congrats!!

Nice job, DB! It looks like a great amp. You had better get either that plexiglas or grubbers attenuator to go with it! I really dig the looks on that thing, and, while I've not played the 60 watt, the 22 watt sounds great. Clips!

I was considering that myself - nice grab! A great amp., Like you, I love the bassman sound too. I haven't hear you this excited about any amp in a long time.

Guest HRB853370

What are you talking about? Not the same guy....

There is only one Grubber on the forum................Owosso Mi, near Lansing

Matt Grubb is his name.

Blues - that is one flat-out fantastic amplifier. Beautiful clean channel and downright stellar gain. Worth every mile and more. Congrats!

Guest HRB853370

Funny he never mentioned it. From the pics on the site after close inspection, that is him in the pics.

I just looked him up on the members section and saw the website listed. I thought maybe he was your tech you always mention.

Blues - that is one flat-out fantastic amplifier. Beautiful clean channel and downright stellar gain. Worth every mile and more. Congrats!

Thank you sir! I certainly think it was!

Worse case, the cab and chassis can be converted into either another Deluxe Reverb or a Bassman...

That amp is interesting DB. Same circuit as the Deluxe Reverb! Is it a modeling amp too?

No, the Supersonic 22 is. The Supersonic 60 has a Vibrolux and Bassman channel, as well as a Fender Pro Sonic channel they call the Burn channel. The cabinet is about the same size though.

Guest HRB853370

No, the Supersonic 22 is. The Supersonic 60 has a Vibrolux and Bassman channel, as well as a Fender Pro Sonic channel they call the Burn channel. The cabinet is about the same size though.

That is a powerful tube amp!

Thank you sir! I certainly think it was!

Worse case, the cab and chassis can be converted into either another Deluxe Reverb or a Bassman...

Let's talk before you start the conversion. :icon_pirat:

I said worse case. That meaning if this amp blows up.... Hopefully, I won't have anything to worry about.

Well, I mean, it IS a PCB amp; As you have stated, many times, this is VASTLY inferior to Point to Point wired amps. I'm sure it will experience reliability issues within a few weeks of normal use!! :laughing9: Just kidding, man; in fact, Wind it Up!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFqRoJv0ztI

Well, I mean, it IS a PCB amp; As you have stated, many times, this is VASTLY inferior to Point to Point wired amps. I'm sure it will experience reliability issues within a few weeks of normal use!! :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFqRoJv0ztI

I've said that many many times, but I think of it like you do. Get a couple years use out of it and I'm good.

Archived