Heritage Owners Club

NAD

DetroitBlues

I've been thinking about one of these as well. I know someone who has one he's willing to sell. He says it's a first run with new JJs and has been re-biased. It's in very good condition. Any ideas on what a reasonable price would be?

What about the reliability issues you guys mentioned, is there reason for concern or are ya'll just having fun?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive never found them to be any more prone to breaking down than any other amp. I had the head version for a while and found it to be a useful good sounding amp at louder levels. The taper on the volume pot needs addressing on the clean channel. It goes from nothing to loud. Didnt really use it much at home. It was too tricky getting the volume pot in the right place and still have a relatively good sound.

I've been thinking about one of these as well. I know someone who has one he's willing to sell. He says it's a first run with new JJs and has been re-biased. It's in very good condition. Any ideas on what a reasonable price would be? What about the reliability issues you guys mentioned, is there reason for concern or are ya'll just having fun?

I know of no reliability issues, I was just messing with the post originator; it's a bit of an inside joke, as he has looked down on amps with PCB boards VS PTP wiring in the past. Go for it!

I've been thinking about one of these as well. I know someone who has one he's willing to sell. He says it's a first run with new JJs and has been re-biased. It's in very good condition. Any ideas on what a reasonable price would be?

What about the reliability issues you guys mentioned, is there reason for concern or are ya'll just having fun?

I did a lot of reading on Fender's forum. The only Supersonic model to prone to fail is the 22, I can't find a complaint on the 60. As far as good tone at low volume, it's been great for me. Maybe Fender changed their design, but there are no noticeable jumps in volume with the pots.

There is an inside joke with me and PCB amps versus hand wired/ turent board amps.....

Guest HRB853370

I did a lot of reading on Fender's forum. The only Supersonic model to prone to fail is the 22, I can't find a complaint on the 60. As far as good tone at low volume, it's been great for me. Maybe Fender changed their design, but there are no noticeable jumps in volume with the pots.

There is an inside joke with me and PCB amps versus hand wired/ turent board amps.....

Anything is prone to fail, but the likelyhood of it happening is very small. All my Fenders are PCB amps-never a lick of problem with them.

Funny thing about recordings, you can easily pick out your mistakes like playing the intro licks to Red House way too fast.

I'd like to see you stop dissin' yourself, Detroit. Would you critcize your young son like that? No, because it would stunt his growth.

I'd like to see you stop dissin' yourself, Detroit. Would you critcize your young son like that? No, because it would stunt his growth.

It's helping me out actually. Like many guitarists out there, we try to squeeze in as many notes as fast as we can... Sometimes it's sounds better to make them as long and as few as possible. In this case it sounds much better to let single notes ring out and linger for awhile...

I was just watching a video about the SuperSonic Twin.... Basically the same amp in a 2x12 package and instead of the Vibrolux/Bassman switch its a Twin/ Bassman switch. Loads of other stuff too like a 25w setting, self biasing meter, and a few other unique and innovative features too....

I don't know if it was the amp or not, but last night I came "out of my shell" as the band put it. I played aggressive, stand out front, soulful blues. I never had so many cheer for me. I felt like a different person, a Rockstar if you will. I don't say this in arrogance, it was just a feeling I thoroughly enjoyed. I had the amp volume way and the band loved it....this amp was awesome last night...

Guest HRB853370

I don't know if it was the amp or not, but last night I came "out of my shell" as the band put it. I played aggressive, stand out front, soulful blues. I never had so many cheer for me. I felt like a different person, a Rockstar if you will. I don't say this in arrogance, it was just a feeling I thoroughly enjoyed. I had the amp volume way and the band loved it....this amp was awesome last night...

You are a Rock Star DB. One day I want to be just like you!! I like the word "soulful" too.

that's awesome, congratulations DB!!

in your clips I can hear the progression in your playing, you're kicking ass now

ps if you thought that felt good, you gotta try pissing off the roof!! :D

that's awesome, congratulations DB!!

in your clips I can hear the progression in your playing, you're kicking ass now

ps if you thought that felt good, you gotta try pissing off the roof!! :D

Neighbor told me to get down and go inside. She was quite stern.

Archived