Heritage Owners Club

Some Lollar Love!

smurph1

Finally got to spend some quality time with my H-137..(thanks Bird!!) I plugged it straight into my 59 Gibsonette 15 watter..No effects..just Straight..Wowzers!! Hit the strings hard and she growls..Back off a bit, and she sings, and has a very nice chime!! Great Tone!! :icon_sunny:

Finally got to spend some quality time with my H-137..(thanks Bird!!) I plugged it straight into my 59 Gibsonette 15 watter..No effects..just Straight..Wowzers!! Hit the strings hard and she growls..Back off a bit, and she sings, and has a very nice chime!! Great Tone!! :icon_sunny:

Now dial back both tones and check it out. It doesn't (shouldn't) get muddy, rather it gives a whole other sound dynamic.

Oh, yeah! All I need now for complete happiness is a fine Lollar P-90 loaded H150. I'm even willing to forgo the gold top, if need be. Back in the day I'd play my soap bar Les Paul through a Kustom and have the CCR sound nailed. Then I foolishly let someone talk me into selling both. Funny, I don't miss the Kustom as much as my P-90's.

Now dial back both tones and check it out. It doesn't (shouldn't) get muddy, rather it gives a whole other sound dynamic.

I'll try that..Thanks!!

Oh, yeah! All I need now for complete happiness is a fine Lollar P-90 loaded H150. I'm even willing to forgo the gold top, if need be. Back in the day I'd play my soap bar Les Paul through a Kustom and have the CCR sound nailed. Then I foolishly let someone talk me into selling both. Funny, I don't miss the Kustom as much as my P-90's.

Yooper,

Your avatar is driving me crazy. What is it? Is that some type of UP MI great lakes thing?

Best,

Yooper,

Your avatar is driving me crazy. What is it? Is that some type of UP MI great lakes thing?

Best,

Ya Sure YA Betcha!!

Ya Sure YA Betcha!!

What he said, eh?

Dat's da Lake Superior coastline at da top and da Wisconsin border and Lake Michigan on da bottom. Below dat is da Lower Peninsula a Michigan and all da trolls under da Mackinaw Bridge. Da UP is closer to Wisconsin and Canada than to lower Michigan. As dey say, "American by choice, Yooper by da grace a God."

Being a "Michigan" resident is just an artificial designation.

The Upper Peninsula has a long history, dating way back before it was part of Ohio, let alone Michigan. Back during the days of Ancient Rome and the Pyramids, Yoopers had a thriving "Copper Culture" making, using and trading metal tools. A regular cradle of civilization by da Great Lakes.

I have a locally mined and crafted scalpel-like copper knife blade that is thousands of years old.

No wonder Yoopers tink dey're different, eh?

And don't forget, a lot a dat nice maple sent to Parsons Street came down from da UP.

What he said, eh?

Dat's da Lake Superior coastline at da top and da Wisconsin border and Lake Michigan on da bottom. Below dat is da Lower Peninsula a Michigan and all da trolls under da Mackinaw Bridge. Da UP is closer to Wisconsin and Canada than to lower Michigan. As dey say, "American by choice, Yooper by da grace a God."

The Upper Peninsula has a long history, dating way back before it was part of Ohio, let alone Michigan. Back during the days of Ancient Rome and the Pyramids, Yoopers had a thriving "Copper Culture" making, using and trading metal tools. A regular cradle of civilization by da Great Lakes.

I have a locally mined and crafted scalpel-like copper knife blade that is thousands of years old.

And don't forget, a lot a dat nice maple sent to Parsons Street came down from da UP.

Thanks. Noo I know what dats all aboot.

What he said, eh?

I bet I live closer to those crazy Canucks than you!

I bet I live closer to those crazy Canucks than you!

You do, DB. I'm near Ann Arbor.

Although they don't seem any crazier than US residents to me. Windsor is, in many ways, much nicer than its neighbor across the Detroit River. Don't get me wrong, I have good friends from Detroit and have had many great times there.

But my point was the UP is closer to Canada and Wisconsin than to the rest of the state.

Yooper, I have been trying to figure out what your avatar was too. I thought maybe one of the great lakes but I never found a lake that matched it. If it were a snake it would have bit me.

Now, dere's a good bumper sticker. I got one dat sez, "My heart is in da UP, but my ass is stuck here"

So near, yet so far away...

Archived