Heritage Owners Club

Got my Ditto Looper

smurph1

Damn I forgot I ordered the thing!! walked into work today and there was a box with my name on it..and it wasnt ticking..LOL It's my TC Electronic Ditto Looper..Supposedly has 5 minutes of recording time true bypass and all that happy crap..I got it so I can record the rhythm parts of some of the songs we are doing so as to improve my lead work..I think the old H-137 is going to get a workout tonight!!

I bought one a week or two ago, and it's brilliantly simple to use and not particularly expensive. The knob controls the level of the loop and the footswitch has a few functions.

Press once to start recording - the LED turns red. Press once to stop recording - the LED turns green, the loop plays, with the LED flashing once at the start of the loop.

Press the switch once and the LED turns red and you can overdub - the LED again flashes once at the start of the loop. Press once again and the LED turns green, still flashing at the start of the loop. You now have two layers. Repeat the procedure for more layers.

Press and hold the switch and it undoes your last overdub. The LED (green) gives two little flashes to indicate it's done. Press and hold again and it re-does the last overdub.

A double press mutes the loop, with the LED flashing green all the time. Press once again and the loop restarts.

Double press and hold erases everything - LED off.

So simple, even a bass player can use it, :icon_joker:

Guthrie Govan is such an awesome guitar player. Love the work he did on the latest Steven Wilson record.

Guitar players in Germnay buy the T.C. ditto like crazy. Everybody loves it.

Loopers are fun and great practice device but there is a trick to them as I sure you will find out soon enough. Good luck and happy jamin'.

Just got mine tonight (TC-Ditto), and your right, actually I think there are several 'tricks' to them. But the first rule I've learned is make sure the original track is exactly perfect as far as timing goes.

It took me three takes to realize that this is quite literally a necessity, to get the first track (timing wise) as close to perfect as you can. Even if you have to use a metronome or a click track. I'm sure once you master this all the subsequent tracks will go great.

As the old saying goes "I've never had this much fun with my pants on".

'Back to playin, later!'

Archived