Heritage Owners Club

Reverb dynamo humm on a polytone

can anybody tell me why I get this humm on my teeny brute 12" when I bring the reverb up;. I took it to the shop years ago and they said that it was fine, they just do that. I looked inside and nothing is dirty. I just want a little verb. got a pedal for it but man what a hassle that is.

No tubes in a brute. Check inside the pan at the connections and the springs. Bet cha find sumpun!

This, and/or maybe could benefit from a new set of RCA cables; a frayed cable with an open ground or thread or two shorting to ground could give you the hum effect

Or maybe the reverb tank just doesn't know the words to the song you're playing, so it has no choice but to hum along?

Or maybe the reverb tank just doesn't know the words to the song you're playing, so it has no choice but to hum along?

A perfect example of as technical an answer as I could ever give to any amp question....

This, and/or maybe could benefit from a new set of RCA cables; a frayed cable with an open ground or thread or two shorting to ground could give you the hum effect

Youse guys is Funny!! :icon_smile:

Archived