Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Flat tops

brentrocks

Who here at the HOC owns a Heritage Flat top?  I realize they are pretty rare and hard to come by, but i just tought it would be cool to see some if they were out there.

Lets see them!!! ;D

My HFT 445 was a factory reject, neck was broken and there was a split in the spruce top.  It was leaning up against the wall in the plant, unbuffed, and when I told Jim of my sob story about loosing my guitar to theft, he picked it up, said, "don't think the neck crack is a problem, probably stronger now than before it broke.  And the split on the spruce top will probably add to the sound."  He buffed it up for me, strung it up, and made me an offer I can't refuse.  I wrote a check to Heritage on the spot.

I love my HFT, gonna go get a pickup installed in it by the local luthier. (sells Martins here in Madison).

HFT445sma.jpg

HFT445sma.jpg_thumb

HFT445smb.jpg

HFT445smb.jpg_thumb

HFT445smc.jpg

HFT445smc.jpg_thumb

HFT445sme.jpg

HFT445sme.jpg_thumb

I have these two.  The 445 is a fine all around acoustic.  Good deep sound with great highs.  The top is beautiful.  The 475 is in my hands more than any other guitar.  If you look in the sound hole you will not see any bracing on the back.  It's top is slightly shaped.  It is a factory 2nd. 

width=318 height=480http://www.ronwarren.com/heritage/img_2289_std.jpg[/img]

width=318 height=480http://www.ronwarren.com/475/img_7455_std.jpg[/img]

width=318 height=480http://www.ronwarren.com/475/img_7461_std.jpg[/img]

Those are some purty flattops, guys.  Good idea for the post, Brent   

Chico, form the pick marks looks like your's is well loved!  Nice looking guit - be nice to have a pickup on it for playing live.

HFB - I've seen the pics of yours, but always like to see 'em again.  That 475 is really unique - don't think I've seen another acoustic like it before.  Very cool.

Sweet!

I would love to try on of those out at some point and compare them to my taylor for tone. 

Chico, if you are looking at installing a pickup I can recomend this :

http://www.kksound.com/purewestern.html

I had this installed into my Taylor (although in retrospect it would probably be a pretty easy install)

and I have really liked the tone and sound. I have been very happy with it and its deffinately less than comparible Fishman. The Luthier I had do the work highly recomended the K&K and said when A/B'd with the Fishman, he liked the K&K better.

I've never seen Heritage acoustics before. Do they still make them? Can you get them special ordered?

they are not in production anymore....if you threw a big wad of $50s at them, they might????

Hey guys thanks for posting....those are too cool!!!  only 3?  i figured there would be more.

Sweet!

I would love to try on of those out at some point and compare them to my taylor for tone. 

Chico, if you are looking at installing a pickup I can recomend this :

http://www.kksound.com/purewestern.html

I had this installed into my Taylor (although in retrospect it would probably be a pretty easy install)

and I have really liked the tone and sound. I have been very happy with it and its deffinately less than comparible Fishman. The Luthier I had do the work highly recomended the K&K and said when A/B'd with the Fishman, he liked the K&K better.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

The Fishman that was recommended to me runs around $200 all said and done.  I will mention it to the prospective luthier.

Also, the 'honest wear' came from my playing partner, who is a "little more" expressive with his strumming..of course, I asked him to tone it back some if he wouldn't mind.. :)  not going for the Willie Nelson look, I like the spruce top on the 445 too much! 

I am actually HIS sparring partner, he sings/plays, I back him up.  Incidentally, he has a Taylor that he uses, a great box that is even louder than the 445.  One of the reasons I want the pickup installed..LOL.  Those Taylors are great guitars.

The shop here in Madison WI where I got the recommendation on the Fishman is Madison Music http://www.madisonmusic.com/ a great store, just down the road aways..he sells the Fishman, his luthier installs seperately.  I was in the store the other day and a couple musicians had dropped by while I was there, both excellent, one a dobro player--man was he GOOD..

Madison is a musically rich area.

Hopefully, Heritage will someday produce a limited run of a Jumbo-type....

Carry on.

Bird, that 475 is righteous!  Really love the neck appointments and the arched back.  Love to hear that 'un!

Drive on down.  :wink:  Bring the Eagle.  It is a fine acoustic!  The 475's neck is slim & wide like you like them.  I play 11's on it with an 18 G string but it still sounds good in a DADDAD tuning.  At standard tuning it rarely goes out of tune even with aggressive string bending.  The cut away is a god send.  The 445 isn't bad either.  I have 12s on it.  It will sing! 

I've thought about putting 11s on my acoustic, too  use 11s on all the elecs.  I've used 12s on it forever and they're good for most of the stuf, especially flat-picking materal, but stiff for playing some of the "elec" type blues leads.  Looked for John Pearse (brand), but they didn't have them in 11s.  Who makes a good set of acoustic 11s?

I've thought about putting 11s on my acoustic, too  use 11s on all the elecs.  I've used 12s on it forever and they're good for most of the stuf, especially flat-picking materal, but stiff for playing some of the "elec" type blues leads.  Looked for John Pearse (brand), but they didn't have them in 11s.  Who makes a good set of acoustic 11s?

I use DRs.

Archived