Heritage Owners Club

Odd Colored 535s & 555s

jazzblues

So in attempts to convince myself to buy a 535 or 555, I've been scouring the web to find these guitars in odd colors, especially (but not limited to) Blue Translucent, Emerald Green Translucent, and Burnt Amber. Does anyone have any sitting in their closet that could loan me a pic? It's hard to imagine what the whole guitar will look like based on the little square color samples on the site.

Also, I saw a picture on some other forum recently of a 555 in a shade of green that seemed noticeable lighter than Emerald Green Translucent, but still completely green (not at all blue-ish). Unfortunately I didn't save it, but it's been bugging me ever since. Does Heritage regularly finish guitars in shades other than those on the website? Or could this just be Emerald in a different light? Granted it's hard to say without the pic (I'll remember to save next time).

Thanks! I'm very into unusual colors for my guitars (I don't own a single vintage sunburst or "clown burst" instrument) and any pics of wild Heritage semi-hollows would be great inspiration for a possible custom build of my own.

And you know what? Any wild colored Heritage pics are welcome. I won't limit you guys... :icon_rr:

And this 535 in Golden Amber, a finish not on the Heritage site the last time I looked

gallery_328_8_115713.jpg

I've also seen an amber finish that was somewhere in between burnt amber and golden amber, maybe medium roasted amber :icon_sunny:

Don't think I've got any pics of that finish though, but as mentioned there might be some in the gallery

Haven't seen many in this finish so it's worth posting, a lefty 535 in trans blue..

blue535lefty.jpg

The pic isn't great, it was on Ebay a few years ago and I saved it on my hd.

So far this seems to be my favorite, but I've seen it look so many different ways. This one looks super light, while others seem to be a sort of dark blue. I would guess it's mostly due to different cameras and lighting. I really have to make it out to PSP sometime to see them all in person!

Can't think of anyone on the HOC that has a 535 / 555 in that blue.

There is a blueburst 555 that Brent had at one stage out there somewhere, don't know who has that one now though.

I've seen that - it's an interesting, black-rimmed burst with a blue center. Reminded me of an Ibanez AS93 that I almost bought once. Another finish not listed on their website - or can you order bursts between two colors?

IMG_1197.jpg

This one looks a bit dark. A like it a lot more than those I found on Google searching. And why a Bigsby B5? Aren't those usually reserved for flat tops?

white%2520555%2520custom.jpg

Now that's different - both the finish and the finger tailpiece! Definitely a rare beast.

Can you post a pic of the whole guitar? The fretboard inlays look interesting....

Had to do some serious begging to get these! PM me.

gallery_194_4_208916.jpg

Vintage Wineburst

gallery_194_4_313637.jpg

gallery_194_4_397109.jpg

Such a beautiful guitar. The finish is so cool- a perfect blend of reds, oranges and yellows. And I'm a big fan of the classic black inlays. Yours? Any chance of a completed pic?

Archived