Heritage Owners Club

My new baby's here...

PollacksStogies

It's good to see a man with the guts to make a guitar right by putting a bigsby on it.  You folks leave this man along. 

I have liked this guitar since it was "knee high to an embryo." 

width=600 height=398http://www.ronwarren.com/225parsons/img_8763_std.jpg[/img]

That's so cool to have people care about my baby enough to save and share their pictures, thanks!

The bigsby's right for me, obviously not for most and that's ok, I know what I'm getting into.  It fits my style.  The whole guitar, walnut finish with ivory binding, ebony fingerboard, bigsby give such a look of "understated elegance".

Setup wise it's perfect!  BUT...  My dealer spent a number of hours on it and they know what they're doing.  I'm an acoustic guy and squeeze the heck out of the notes on an electric, my C sounds like a slide bend on light, slinky, strings.  I had it setup with 11's and that meant they had to work out and readjust everything.  With the bigsby, Heritage puts on a roller type saddle.  I guess it lets the strings roll back and forth with out any friction.  The whole thing can be adjusted up and down, and then each string back and forth for intonation, and even side to side for some reason.  Anyway, one guy spent 2 hours getting it ready for the master and he spent more hours after that, said he stayed at the store until 10:30 Friday night to finish her.  I played it before the setup.  The Heritage setup was ok, a few rough spots that I could of worked out myself probably but my dealer has done two other setups for me and they know what I like so it's perfect.  No tuning problems last night and I used the bigsby some, sure is a lot of music in there...

I'm having a little trouble getting used to it compared to the Les Paul, I guess it's the semi-hollow body, never played one for more than a few minutes before.  I'll find notes ringing when they should have died out a long time ago.  There really is a tonal and response difference like I've heard others say.  I'll have to give my technique a little time to adjust.  Good excuse to just hang out and play

guitar all day, life is good!

Pickups - what ever Heritage would put standard on a 535.  I talked to the dealer about upgrading them when I ordered it and he said that unless I was looking for something pretty specific that they stock pickups are good.  He has the stock pickups in one of his and it's sweet.  They seem good for me but I'm not a shreader, bluesman, eddie van halen (rhymes with palin), or even chet so I wouldn't know what else to ask for.

Nice guitar - nice description.  And nice specs - ebony board, white binding, bigsby.  It does sound like you know exactly what you want.  Kinda hard to tell from the picture, but it doesn't look like 'standard' Schaller pickups in her.  Do the pickups have 2 screws on either side for the mount or one?  If 2 then Schaller, if 1 then some model of Seymour Duncan would be a guess.  Might show on you paperwork, too. 

Not that it matters - sounds like the guitars got 'the tone' and THAT's all that matters, eh?

cheers and enjoy!

Awesome!!  That's the one that you saw on the tour, right?  Gorgeous - hey, a bigsby on it.  Very cool.  What pickups do you have in her?

Single screws. Those are either Seth Lovers or (yeah yeah yeah) HRWs!! Nice score, either way.

Archived