Heritage Owners Club

Heritage: A Labor of Love (Labor Day post on Viewliner LTD.)

chico

Hey everyone, I hope you are enjoying your Labor Day holiday (for those HOC'ers Stateside).  I thought you all might be interested in this Labor Day post at the Viewliner LTD. blog.. and thanks Ron (HFB) for letting them link to your shots at the HOC factory tour & pilgrimage...

rock on,

chico

http://viewlinerltd.blogspot.com/

Nice post, Chico.  I really enjoyed digging around the site.  Sorry that I seem to be on a family reference bent in recent posts, but I had an uncle who was a train photography nut, and the pics bring back memories of some great times spent with my cousins riding excursion steam trains; he was particularly a steam fan.  My uncle would put us on the train, then race along the route in his VW micobus to catch places where he could take pictures, tape record train sounds, etc.  So, part of the fun was keeping watch at every crossing to see if he had caught up, leaning out to get in the picture, getting cinders in our eyes...

Guys, don't complain about your lame Labor Day.  I'm at work ...in fact, both schools where I teach are in session today.  Faculty have to work, administrators have the day off.  So much for Labor Day.  At least the convenient parking spaces are open.

Guys, don't complain about your lame Labor Day.  I'm at work ...in fact, both schools where I teach are in session today.  Faculty have to work, administrators have the day off.  So much for Labor Day.

C'mon, 111....  What's more American than the old labor/management dichotomy?  Sorry you've got to bang away at it today.  I've had one week of classes, and today off...followed by a four-day week.  I love what I do, but after twenty-seven years of it, I'm always ripe for a day off here and there.  Was able to stay out late at the jam last night, getting two sets in, and I didn't have to roll out at the crack of dawn this morning.  Life is most assuredly g o o d!  Hope you get home this evening to a little well-deserved libation and some quality time.

Archived