Heritage Owners Club

New here, want to spec out a new 150

bill150

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HRB853370

I will try to post some pics, you know, still new.

Can you guys post some picks of 150's?

Looking for finish ideas!!!

You guys are great, responses so fast for some what of a small community.

Maybe that's what i like about it, and Heritage.

Buy the way, Michigan boy here, Fenton.

How about this VWB 150? And it could be yours if you are interested!

HeritageH150VWB_3_zpsf916fb5d.jpg

I will try to post some pics, you know, still new.

Can you guys post some picks of 150's?

Looking for finish ideas!!!

You guys are great, responses so fast for some what of a small community.

Maybe that's what i like about it, and Heritage.

Buy the way, Michigan boy here, Fenton.

Welcome, Bill. I'm just a few miles South of you between Fenton, and Hartland.

I can show you an H150, a Millie Ultra Standard, and an H135 in OSB, Chestnutburst, and Antique Natural.

Thanks mate he's more of a teal greeny colour in person and my wife even likes the look of him - im actually "allowed" to leave old popeye out on a stand in the dining room (also this is the first guitar I've ever named ha)

now if I could just decide on either black or cream bobbins only thing is im reluctant to swap the pickups as they sound sooo good I will be using sd seth lovers for the foreseeable future and I can not recommend them highly enough

Welcome, Bill. I'm just a few miles South of you between Fenton, and Hartland.

I can show you an H150, a Millie Ultra Standard, and an H135 in OSB, Chestnutburst, and Antique Natural.

Hey Allan what is a H135 or did you mean H535?

Hi everyone, new guy, first post.

First off, I have been lurking around here for some time and want to say what a great bunch of members this site has.

I have an H150 about ten years old, no complaints, looks nice, sounds good, feels good, has Duncan 59's, but that's about all I can tell you.

I wish the Heritage web site went into more detail when it comes to specifications, you know frets, pots caps, neck tenon...

I think I have really good H150, but sometimes I wonder if I can have an extraordinary H150.

If I were to sell and upgrade, I mean custom order my Holy Grail. Can I do much better than I already have? Or better to upgrade what i have?

As far what tone am I after, Gibbons, Page, Duane, love Duane’s tone, Fillmore

East-Stormy Monday!! Duane's solo...drewl.

For starters:

- Finish: VWB, or maybe Vintage Sunburst

- Long neck tenon.

- Headstock binding

- Pickups, Not sure, give me your ideas based on the tone I'm after, I know so subjective.

- Pots and caps, I don't know much in this area. What comes stock, or what would be a good upgrade.

Thoughts, suggestions? Help me spec out my dream guitar.

Let's say spare no expense.

Thanks,

Bill

I would say putting some unpotted pickups in there might be all you need to do..wolfetone legends, throbak's, or lollar imperials are my faves

although I have a couple gtrs with duncan 59's & they are good pickups: they are much hotter than any of those PAF clones & are also potted, so you won't get the same vibe

as far as stock wiring & pots...well I upgraded to one of those expensive harnesses & pots in my H150, ended up changing it back!! the pots & caps Heritage uses are just fine IMO

I do change the wiring to the vintage circuit though, which is easy to do

so an inexpensive solution may be to just change pups & rewire the controls...but hell, it never hurts to have another guitar :D

re: the tenon, I don't think it makes any difference, I have a newer long tenon gtr & my old short tenon H150's hold up just fine. I can understand why they mad ethe change though, as every expensive, vintage spec gtr out there has the longer tenon

PunkKitty and Bill Gelder, my custom built is very close in color to yours.

I wanted a lemonburst but got more of an orangeburst... Outside in bright sunlight it is lemon with orange stripes... But , that is a minor concern.

I sent them the specs on the neck at the first and 11th fret with a fast C.

For my taste it is perfect. Very close to my 79 Tokai LS-80 and my 2013 R9....so good and comfortable that I have ordered a 535 with the same neck specs.

Archived