Heritage Owners Club

VIP 2 Progress

Keith7940236

I've started the resurrection of Jacques VIP 2 this weekend. I have attached the Schaller Golden 50 pickups, installed a new Kahler 7300 Tremolo and attached the neck. The new tuners will be arriving next week. The neck is already drilled for the Grover Mini Rotomatics. I installed a couple of basic strap buttons, but may change those out to lockers.

The neck has never been used, so I'm going to have to have that slotted at my luthiers. They will also wire in the pickups. I'm guessing about two weeks until I'm able to file a tone report.

DSCF2232_zps5bdb2a6a.jpgDSCF2233_zpsb3b46c88.jpg

DSCF2234_zps3fb579ec.jpgDSCF2237_zpsd86fe792.jpg

Lovely to see that body 'o mine back in its new home, (where it was born and belonged in the first place).

Remember to have something locking the strings up there at the nut, like the Kahler locking nut which requires no drilling through the headstock but is screwed on it, just above the nut. Otherwise you may have trouble with strings going out of tune. Maybe locking tuners would do the job too?

Greetings to y'all from over the ocean!

• 2 weeks later...

I attached the tuners to the guitar on Friday, snugged up some of the screws and got it ready to head to the luthiers for the wiringm set up and nut notching. As the body came by itself, I don't have a case for it. I went to GC and because of the 17 degree headstock angle, couldn't find a hard shell case to fit. So, I purchased a gig bag and took it down to The 12th Fret in down town Portland. The gentleman who is going to be doing the work is currently on tour in Spain with his Country Swing Band, The Lucky Stars http://www.theluckystars.com/

I should have it back in a couple of weeks. I'll file a tone report and have some better pictures. In the meantime, can anyone suggest a hard shell case that works with the solid body Heritage with the 17 degree head angle?

Thanks,

I attached the tuners to the guitar on Friday, snugged up some of the screws and got it ready to head to the luthiers for the wiringm set up and nut notching. As the body came by itself, I don't have a case for it. I went to GC and because of the 17 degree headstock angle, couldn't find a hard shell case to fit. So, I purchased a gig bag and took it down to The 12th Fret in down town Portland. The gentleman who is going to be doing the work is currently on tour in Spain with his Country Swing Band, The Lucky Stars http://www.theluckystars.com/

I should have it back in a couple of weeks. I'll file a tone report and have some better pictures. In the meantime, can anyone suggest a hard shell case that works with the solid body Heritage with the 17 degree head angle?

Thanks,

There was one on ebay a few weeks back that probably would have done the job

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/topic/23612-ebay-heritage-case/

In the meantime, can anyone suggest a hard shell case that works with the solid body Heritage with the 17 degree head angle?

Thanks,

I found a used Ibanez case that fit the Parsons Street ( actually one of the local shops found it for me), but it took a while to find one that actually fit.

Archived