Heritage Owners Club

Best Pedal Demo Ever?

DetroitBlues

Or perhaps I'm challenging anyone to find a better pedal demo?

Not better... but one of my favorites... The guy sings "suck my robot balls" completely strait faced into the Iron Lung Vocoder, ala Daft Punk. Pretty good if you need a laugh!

Not better... but one of my favorites... The guy sings "suck my robot balls" completely strait faced into the Iron Lung Vocoder, ala Daft Punk. Pretty good if you need a laugh!

Now that is absolutely funny! Until you really listened you don't know what he is saying at first.

Honestly, I don't think that demo was very good at all.

The playing was fantastic.... but I like demos where short passages are played and then the guitarist turns the knobs to show the difference it makes. Short passages and then turn the knob so I can hear the differences. LONG demo of just noodling are useless (in my opinion) to demo a pedal.

This cat can play, but I would have like to heard & seen the different feature & settings he is using.

The playing was fantastic.... but I like demos where short passages are played and then the guitarist turns the knobs to show the difference it makes. Short passages and then turn the knob so I can hear the differences. LONG demo of just noodling are useless (in my opinion) to demo a pedal.

This cat can play, but I would have like to heard & seen the different feature & settings he is using.

I think that is a valid point. In terms of "demoing" the pedal to learn how to use it I agree. That was not his intention. I was basing my vote on hearing the potential of what it could sound like if I were to purchase the new pedal. They are a store after all and this is a great advertisement to make people want it. Worked on me. ;). I actually wished he played it out of time so I could hear what it would sound like if I did own it! Haha.

I guess it all boils down to what your looking for out of the demo, if your looking to see how to use the pedal (instructional), or hear how it could sound if you were the freaking MAN (advertisement)!

I guess it all boils down to what your looking for out of the demo, if your looking to see how to use the pedal (instructional), or hear how it could sound if you were the freaking MAN (advertisement)!

I would like to see both. Demo (as in demonstration) should be showing HOW the pedal works and WHAT it sounds like.

Give me the full demo of all the features and show all the range the pedal has. As good as this guy was, it only gave a small sample of what (I assume because he didn't show us) of what the pedal could do.

Just my opinion, but his demo of the pedal would not answer all my questions of whether I wanted to buy it.

Just my opinion, but his demo of the pedal would not answer all my questions of whether I wanted to buy it.

I definitely see where your coming from. Everybody in the world makes decisions differently. I make very fast decisions based off of a very little amount of information, and a gut feeling.

I get bored with long demos that include every nuance. That said, I will then usually have to look up demos that tell me how to actually use the stupid thing once I get it. If I can't get it sounding right, it typically leaves just as fast as it came ;) The stuff I fall in love with stays around forever!

I have to agree with John. It was just noodling that got kinda old pretty quick. The guy who is doing the best demos these days in my book is the guy at Prymaxe Vintage. He'll do demos with different guitars, loops, backing tracks, as well as walking through the settings of the pedal itself. You get to hear how the pedal sits in the mix, with different axes as well as get to see/hear how the controls work. Very thorough and well done and some are quite long (14 minutes or so).

pop into the chemist. I watch his demos and steel his licks. He makes all the pedals sound great to my ears and regardless of what drive stomp or effect he's demoing, he sounds like Mike Hermans. I like his phrasing and the way he makes things sound.

Most pedals only have 1-6 knobs to turn, its not too hard to figure out how to use them. I dont want to see/hear some one strum a G chord at various turns of the dial.

I want to be entertained. Theres some pedal demo's I dont even watch, I just leave them playing while Im in other tabs or rewiring a guitar.

I dont normally like Andy's demos and try to avoid them, theyre just not to my taste. But this one was actually not a bad listen.

I dont know if I would ever find a use for that effect but it sounds good.

I sort of agree, but as far as PGS goes it's not really a demo, it's an advertisement, if you want to buy it they did their job.

This one gets my vote, from Brett Kingman aka burgerman666

+1 Yes, that is my kind of demo. He is demonstrating the features via showing you how the pedal works and how it sounds!!!

Archived