Heritage Owners Club

Tube Amp Factory (TAF) amps

PunkKitty

For some reason I've been wanting a 15 watt or so point to point amp lately.

Does anyone know anything about these amps? I want to say that I first learned about them here. But my memory is fuzzy sometimes.

They look like well made, hand wired amps at very good price points.

http://www.tubeampfactory.com/

I think it was Jack Baruth who told us a while back that he owns several of their amps and recommends them.

DBlues was right - JB does own many of them..I had his TAF-10 for a while; Nice Amp! Especially for the price.

That was a sonic machine factory

That too! You had that puppy singing like a bird!

You didn't say please.

I can't find one either. One sold recently in Nashville for ~1100. That's less than I paid but we can talk. Perhaps a discount for guitar lessons...

You didn't say please.

I can't find one either. One sold recently in Nashville for ~1100. That's less than I paid but we can talk. Perhaps a discount for guitar lessons...

Rick Hamel, the designer/builder of SMF amps (and SIB!) pedals is a local San Diego boy. He used to work for my old guitar tech back in the late '80s/early '90s, then had his shop in the back on the sadly now defunct Jeffs Guitars here in San Diego. These days he's mostly doing repair work, though the SIB! line might be betting a jumpstart via Rockett pedals. The SMFs were nice amps.

Why are the things I love so damn expensive?

Let's call it Bill's Law. The higher the bill, the greater the damn thing.

Of course, Bill's Law is not to be confused with Cole'slaw - cabbage in every bite.

Archived