Heritage Owners Club

A dilemma

PunkKitty

PK,

IMHO, I think a 150 LW is the way to go.

My perception: when I owned so many Heritages, I found that I'd have a flavor of the month; fell madly in love with the 535 when I first got it, then it was the 137 w/P90s. Then it was the 150 LW that was the apple of my eye. I would often A/B the 535 and 150 - pretty close, subtle difference. And I believe that 150 gets as much 'grunt' as the next 14 lb 150. I fell in and out of love with the guitars monthly . . . maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder. I'll bet its something many of us here on the forum go through, for, I've seen so much buying/selling/trading going on. Eventually, you'll settle on something and believe it or not, you can reach a gas-free state, despite all the ribbing that goes on here. After awhile, you'll see through all the temporary emotions- the highs with the first acquisition and eventually, the sell off. Feelings about guitars change often. I think you've already started to reach that place, where you're evaluating and taking a hard look at all. It will be interesting to see what you end up with. Good thread.

Guest HRB853370

PK,

My perception: when I owned so many Heritages, I found that I'd have a flavor of the month; fell madly in love with the 535 when I first got it, then it was the 137 w/P90s. Then it was the 150 LW that was the apple of my eye. I would often A/B the 535 and 150 - pretty close, subtle difference. And I believe that 150 gets as much 'grunt' as the next 14 lb 150. I fell in and out of love with the guitars monthly . . . maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder. I'll bet its something many of us here on the forum go through, for, I've seen so much buying/selling/trading going on. Eventually, you'll settle on something and believe it or not, you can reach a gas-free state, despite all the ribbing that goes on here. After awhile, you'll see through all the temporary emotions- the highs with the first acquisition and eventually, the sell off. Feelings about guitars change often. I think you've already started to reach that place, where you're evaluating and taking a hard look at all. It will be interesting to see what you end up with. Good thread.

I believe I am at that GAS FREE state now, but it took years to get there. It took selling off a couple that I felt were redundant. I still have way too many guitars but I know in my heart and wallet there will not be any purchases anytime soon, unless I win the Powerball or Mega Lottery. There are other priorities and I just need to learn to play better, and enjoy what I have. It's an embarrassment of riches, really!

PK,

Well said, Koula. I tend to agree that we all fall in and out of love with our guitars over time. Some folks sell or trade in the hopes of finding their next "Number 1", but in the end, we can be a fickle bunch.

My problem is that I fall in love many times for different guitars. I rarely fall so far out of love that I want to sell. And when I do sell one, I always miss it! How crazy is that?!

PK's decision to temporarily stand down on her keep or sell dilemma is very rational in my view. Step back and wait about a month or so. Then if you still want to sell off one of your guitars, you'll know it is a well thought out decision...one that will hopefully not bring regrets.

I just got a deal on a pair of Fralin humbuckers. They are going into the 150. Like I said, I love the neck on that thing.

Seths can sound awfully good in an H150. Besides weight, that might be the main thing that makes you prefer the sound of the Millie. The H150 in my avatar has Seth Lovers in it, and it has that perfect vintage PAF growl when I turn them up.

I think you're making a good decision to hang on to you H150 a while longer.

Archived