Heritage Owners Club

A dilemma

PunkKitty

I spent some time with my H150 and my H155 Millennium this morning. I played both through my Marshall combo. The verdict?

The H150 sounds awesome. It has a fairly chunky neck carve. I installed a set of Gibson Burstbuckers in it. It's heavy for me at 8.8 pounds. But the neck is soooo comfortable.

The Millie is stock with Seths. I like the Seths better than the Burstbuckers. They sound more open to me. But they feed back easier because they aren't potted. The Millie sounds more hollow because it is hollow. Mine doesn't have f holes. Overall the feel is very similar to the H150. The sounds I can get from it are on par with the H150. The neck carve is a bit thinner than the H150 but it is still comfortable for me. But I prefer the chunkier neck of the 150. This one weighs 7.4 pounds so it's much easier on my back.

So I'm debating if I should sell the H150 or not. I know mine is light for a 150. But that 1.4 pounds makes a difference. And I've been playing the Millie more than the 150.

I'd consider buying Number 8's Millie and installing different pickups or a 535 to replace it. But I think the bottom line for me is that I prefer semis to solids. I love the 150. I'm just starting to think that it's not right for me. Ideally I'd love a Millie with the 150 neck. But getting something custom made is not going to happen any time soon.

Another option is to just sell the 150 and not buy anything else. I have a chambered Les Paul Studio with a 50s neck and P90s that is quite nice. Do I really need the 150 too?

Punk Kitty. It seems to me that you do a lot of guitar buying/selling and that's coming from someone who does the same:) I would try the Seth's in the H150 before

I dumped it. That light of an H150 is a rare thing. I would also play both in a band setting for more than just a few gigs before I would make that decision!!!!

that's alright. Truth be told, no one is more generous sharing skill and even guitars than PK, and whether I take ownership or not, I'd be able to enjoy this guitar.

I've purchased two other guitars from PK, and want nothing more than to see her happy with her collection. In fact I take great pride in that fact that I brought her to Heritage with my fanboy rantings over suds in a Chicago tavern.....which she initially raised an eyebrow at. Now look at her! I'll happily enable any direction she chooses.

PK, maybe you should just store it at my place for a while, so you can "roleplay" life without it.....

Guest HRB853370

that's alright. Truth be told, no one is more generous sharing skill and even guitars than PK, and whether I take ownership or not, I'd be able to enjoy this guitar.

I've purchased two other guitars from PK, and want nothing more than to see her happy with her collection. In fact I take great pride in that fact that I brought her to Heritage with my fanboy rantings over suds in a Chicago tavern.....which she initially raised an eyebrow at. Now look at her! I'll happily enable any direction she chooses.

PK, maybe you should just store it at my place for a while, so you can "roleplay" life without it.....

Listen to you pouring it on....(maybe she will take you up on it now, LOL)

Guest HRB853370

Another option is to just sell the 150 and not buy anything else. I have a chambered Les Paul Studio with a 50s neck and P90s that is quite nice. Do I really need the 150 too?

Oh yes, you DO need it and Kidsmoke DOES NOT need another Heritage guitar, I assure you.....LOL. Didn't you see that photo taken at PSP6 of me delivering a knockout blow to his head? He was trying to wrestle one of my Heritage's out of my possession....

Guest HRB853370

Slammer, I want your 150LW.

Wow, you are right to the point young lady!!! How much is it worth to ya? I am 150 heavy...

Guest HRB853370

I will weight it later for you ok? I have not played this one a few weeks. I will get you all that info to see if its right for ya.

Guest HRB853370

Wow, this is better than a Mecam Auto Auction!!

Somebody get me some popcorn! :happy1:

PK's 8lb chunky neck 150 and Will's 150LW flamer are BOTH great gits!

Oh oh, Tim is sending me a red flag....maybe I should reconsider?

Guest HRB853370

Whatever. The right one will find me eventually.

I am kidding PK. Let me get the info and we can proceed from there. It may not even suit you, but we can check!

Good luck to the trade-trio here. Hope works for all of you. That IS one light 150 you have, Monica. Maybe the lightest non-LW 150 I've heard of? I've a 9.2lb 150 that I thought was light. And a 9 even LP. They 'feel' the same that close. Love love love that 150-style when I wanna dial in some Brothers and Sisters era Betts tone. Semis get close... they've their own thing going on that I just love for the blues - that 'airier' sound they have.

The choices, the different finishes, subtle nuances of voicing... aren't guitars the best hobby ever? :)

That store down the road from me (Action Music in Falls Church Virginia) might still have that Millie (Natural finish) with F-holes on consignment.

Also, I've found that my perception of a particular guitar can change over TIME, so if the 150 is still sort of new to you, maybe you might want to think about it a little longer.

Just some ideas for you to kick around.

Archived