Heritage Owners Club

Dumble Anyone?

Gitfiddler

Start with his tenure in Jackson Browne's band. I always loved his solo on "Running On Empty"!

Duh.....I guess I have been exposed to DL before and just had realized it, still glad you posted those clips though as never would have sought those out on my own.

Good times!

So......how long were you folks going to keep this musical wizard a secret?

I'm actually embarrassed that I haven't heard of this guy before! Seriously, before watching these 2 youtube clips, I'd never even heard the name David Lindley, let alone heard of his sheer musical skill!

What a badass!! Definitely going to enjoy doing some research on this cat!

While you're at it, find out if he's dead or alive. The estate sale suggested that he died, but then, I can't find an obit or any info that he has passed on. The craigs listing is now gone. :icon_scratch:

wow those were fantastic clips

I have heard about Dumble amps for years, but never heard one...whoever recorded that 20w combo was totally badass!!

I now see why they are/were so desireable

Santana and many other pros use Dumbles as part of their backline.

David Lindley wasn't the guy in the ad, he just used Dumbles:) I did read though that the guy that owned the equipment in the ad did die!!!

While you're at it, find out if he's dead or alive. The estate sale suggested that he died, but then, I can't find an obit or any info that he has passed on. The craigs listing is now gone. :icon_scratch:

Start with his tenure in Jackson Browne's band. I always loved his solo on "Running On Empty"!

Back in the early 80's my girlfriend at the time wanted to go see Linda Ronstadt in Tampa. I thought why not, we could see the show, get a cheap hotel room and stop at Thoroughbred music on our way back to WPB. Little did I know that David Lindley was in the band. I was completely blown away. The next mourning we did go to Thoroughbred music, and I bought my 1st lap-steal. I still have it and have not been the same since.

GEDC0351_zps1edf84b1.jpg

Marvelously rude shit! Sorry...the only way I can describe it. Thanks, Daniel.

That's Damned accurate description!!

Archived